Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shrimp Tacos with homemade Pico de Gallo!

Shrimp Taco with pico de gallo and avocado

This was a really easy meal that I threw together Thursday night after Karate. I had steamed the shrimp up the night before to help save time and made the pico de gallo during the afternoon. This helped so much in feeding everyone at a decent hour! To make the shrimp all I did was steam them in some water with a little beer mixed in. Them set them in the fridge to cool until the next night. For the pico de gallo I really didn't have a recipe. I cut up a white onion, probably about 10 campari tomatoes (they were the ones that were going to go to waste 1st) seeded (just cut them in halve and squeeze the seeds out), 1 jalapeño pepper finely chopped, 1/2 of a bunch of fresh cilantro (roughly chopped), salt, pepper, juice of 1 lime and garlic powder. The salt, pepper and garlic powder were just to taste. I then let it all sit together in the fridge.
Pico de Gallo

For the taco I took some tortilla shells piled them with about 10 shrimp, bunch of pico de gallo and some fresh avocado and called it dinner. It really doesn't get much easier than that for a busy week night dinner or a fun meal with some friends!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh man I love tacos, especially shrimp or fish tacos! You, miss, have officially put a bee in my bonnet. I

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Heather - I have never made fish tacos - any chance you will be making them and posting soon?

Anonymous said...

I'm totally having this for dinner! Ceviche tacos, and a corona! By the way, I've linked your blog to mine at Eco-Converts Blog!
See ya!

Susan @ SGCC said...

I love both shrimp and fish tacos. Your picture looks so vibrant! There's a little restaurant up here that serves them with a wonderful white sauce. Delicious!
I use Campari tomatoes too. They seem to be the only ones I can find that actually taste like tomatoes! I'm so spoiled from having my Dad's tomatoes. Now that he's gone, I have to make do.