Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Farmer's Market Leftovers...and what I made!

Dinner! Grilled radicchio, sauted shitake mushrooms, sauteed dandelion greens and swiss chard

It seems like so long ago that I went to the Farmer's Market and came back with bags (earth friendly reusable - of course) of fresh veggies and boat shrimp. But it has really been less than a week. I went through the refrigerator yesterday and got out all of the food that remaining from last Wednesday's trip and knew that was about to be dinner!
Sauteed dandelion and swiss chard

Organic Shitake Mushrooms
We had some dandelion greens and swiss chard that I sauteed with olive oil and garlic, shitake mushrooms that I sauteed in butter, tomato and mozzarella (fresh from Paesano's), and a head of radicchio which T. grilled and we ate with balsamic vinegar. Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fancy olives

The radicchio was my absolute favorite. I love the flavor anyway but once it was grilled it seemed not quite so bitter but still with the crunchy, sharp taste! If you haven't tried it before I would have to say it is a must try!!!

My fridge is now empty and just waiting for my next visit to the market!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks sooo good Judy. I can't wait to see what you get at the farmer's market next.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish there were still Farmer's Markets open around here this time of year--you are so lucky Judy!! :)

Anonymous said...

I sooo need to go to my market on Thursday!

Thistlemoon said...

Those are great uses for those leftover Farmer's Market purchases!