Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pasta with Shrimp and Basil Pesto


Last week after I went to the Worden Farm's Farmer's Market I made some fresh basil pesto with the basil and garlic that I had bought when I was there. Click here for post and recipe. So I thought I would show you what I did with the pesto.

I cooked the peeled and deveined shrimp in some butter and garlic just until they were no longer opaque. Cooked the pasta according to the box (use whatever type of pasta you have available). Toss the past a shrimp together with as much pesto as you like. You will have to judge it based on your taste. Sit down and enjoy. This is one of my favorite meals. I could truly eat this everyday!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Shrimp is one of my favorite foods. We usually just steam them and add different spices. I want to try this way. I bet the basil really gives it a great taste.
Thanks for another great recipe.

Anonymous said...

Looks delish! I love pesto and I make a recipe almost exactly like this. You can add a bit of cream cheese or marscapone to this for a creamy pesto.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

ga.farmgirl - This is one of my favorites. Hope you like it too!

Frantichomecook- Great idea to add the marscapone or cream cheese. I usually use heavy cream for the cream sauce!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This sounds so incredibly delicious. It reminds me of summer and all the fresh garden basil..can't wait till then :D

Anonymous said...

Hello!
What a lovely blog!!! I like cooking blog as yours! This pasta recipe is delicious!!!