Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Off to the farmer's market and a meme!

It is freezing here! Yesterday I swear to you that it was 85 and we were all in shorts and tee's. Last night I left the house all open. The french doors in my bedroom leading to the pool deck were open and then came the wind. It is 52 outside right now and the winds is at about 25-30 mph. That was blowing into my bedroom ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! It was so windy the covers kept blowing up over my head...I know, why didn't I close the doors? I was trying to sleep and was getting mad at being woken up over and over again! I know the logic of a woman!!!

Anyway I have been tagged to do a meme! Susan at Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy and somebody else but for the life of me cannot remember who (please email me or leave a comment if it was you!!!)

The rules for the meme are as follows:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself.

3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post, and list their names- linking to them. (I will not be doing this...I think that all of us food bloggers have had to write about enough things other than food...sorry if I seem like a spoil sport but I barely have time to cook, bake, eat, take pictures and blog and I am sure that there are others who feel the same!)

4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

5 things about me:

1. I once ran away from home when I was 16...spent the night trying to hide out in a park, slept in an apartment stairwell and realized that the life I ran away from was not nearly as bad as it seemed the day before!!! lol

2. Used to suffer from Hyperhidrosis but found a product called drysol which has cured me!

3. Was diagnosed with ADD as a child but my Mom stuck it out and never medicated me (thanks Mom!).

4. This is my second marriage. First one lasted for a very, very, very short time (felt like forever).

5. I have been married for almost 12 years (together for 4 before that) to my very best friend! It even sucks when we fight because I can't go bitching to my BF because it is him!

This was fun and thanks to Susan and whoever the other one was!!!

Check later for my fresh market pictures!!! Wednesday...the best day of the week!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

6 comments:

Danni said...

This post was a crack up - thanks for sharing...(and I agree with you *completely* about having so much other stuff to do that it's a kindness *not* to tag additional people on these "memes") Um, btw, what the HECK does "meme" stand for anyway? I just can't, for the life of me, figure it out.
Let's see...things in common... 1) I ran away from home once, too, when I was 14..different result, though. I probably never would've gone back if my dad hadn't found me and brought me home. It was, like, one big slumber party before he did that! 2) Second marriage for me (but we just celebrated our 8th anniversary - and been together for 12) 3) Jim is my best pal in the world! 4) Definite ADD tendencies on my end, but never diagnosed. It's been something I've become more aware of the older that I get!
Good post! Have fun at the market.
Oh, one more thing...it's "only" 52 degrees there? You poor thing. :-) I think that was our "high" for yesterday.

Anonymous said...

The wind is just dying down a little bit here so maybe it will slow down that way before long. It is cold here now too. Can't wait til spring.
I am so glad your Mother didn't medicate you on the ADD. My youngest son was label that and I was repeatly bullied by school officials to put him on medicine. I didn't and so glad I stuck to my beliefs. Good for me and your Mom and good for you and my son for beating the labeling.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

farmgirl_dk - Funny that we share many common things. I think meme is "me me" as in all about me???? And I always feel bad complaining about the "cold" here but when you guys are complaining about your "heat wave" in the summer I will be laughing up a storm...it is always 90 and above here with incredible humidity!!!

ga.farmgirl-Good for you on not medicating your son. I am going to go through the same thing with my youngest daughter but will follow my mom's paths. We already follow a restricted diet (no artificial sugars or dyes, no processed foods etc)and fish oil has helped her as well. She is only 5 so we shall see how it goes!

Thistlemoon said...

I so hear you on the fact that your hubby is your best friend. That is what always happens when Roberto and I fight - I can never talk to anyone about it - we just have to actually DEAL with it! LOL! Imagine that!!!! ;)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

It's nice to have them as your best friend it never seems like too much work as you are always on the same team. We've been at this for about 16 years now and it has been the easiest time of my life!

Heather said...

Me too (hubby as BFF)!