Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Farmer's Market Day!

cilantro, shitake mushrooms, beets, red swiss chard, onions, carrots, spinach, strawberries and dandelion greens

I am so loving Wednesday's right now. I seem to find myself looking forward to this all week long. I go to Punta Gorda to visit the Worden Farm's farmer's market that they set up at Fisherman's Village every Wednesday. Today I got a whole new lot of fresh vegetables that are grown on their certified organic farm. I was also able to get some fresh boat shrimp from a fisherman that just caught them last night!Cute little carrots!

Shitake Mushrooms

Fresh picked strawberries

Today I was able to get red swiss chard, dandelion greens, cilantro, onions, carrots, spinach, beets, shitake mushrooms, and eggplant. I went to the local U-Pick and got some fresh picked strawberries and tomatoes as well. I can't wait to use all of this! I am thinking maybe shrimp taco's with fresh pico de gallo and avocado (bought last week)?

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

4 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Those mushrooms look so good! I love all your produce pictures! They are great! We are finding if we go to the Farmer's Market twice a month we are pretty much all set - it keep us going for a loooong time!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Queen - I have to go every week. I am using everything up and nothing is going to waste so I feel really good about it. I do have a family of 4 to feed as well! The mushrooms do look good! I am enjoying taking the pictures, thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

All that stuff looks great. I was supposed to go on Thursday but got sick instead.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Get better soon. There is always next week for the market!!