Monday, February 18, 2008

Nice relaxing dinner with a good bottle of wine!

Potatoes with onion, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and oregano

Anyone who has been following me on blogging adventure know that I LOVE fresh farmer's market food. This meal was all about that.

I had bought some potatoes on Wednesday when I was there and was really curious to find out how different an organic potatoes taste was compared to a regular potato. Our favorite way to eat potatoes is to oven roast them with garlic, onions, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano (or any of your favorite herbs). They turned out so great tasting we were all very impressed.

I had also purchased some Romanesco which is described as a cauliflower. I don't know that it really did taste like that. We ate it raw sort as an appetizer. I had my oldest daughter help break it from the stem. In that way it was like broccoli or cauliflower but the taste was very different. It has a nutty, fresh taste to it. We ate it with blue cheese to dip.
Oldest daughter helping in the kitchen (no the knife was not hers)


For the meat we bought some steaks from Publix Greenwise. This was a treat for the girls because we hadn't had steak in a while! It was a treat for T. and I as well becasue we had a nice bottle of wine to go along with it!
All in all a real nice relaxing dinner...I find even the children seem better once I get a glass or 2 of wine in me (is that really the case or do I just not care quite so much???!!!), but regardless it was a perfect meal!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red pototoes are so good. I like them cut in quarter pieces cooked in fresh green beans with some fresh onions added as they cook. A zeasty chicken bullion cube added gives it all a great flavor. That farmers market is a good place to live near. The steak and wine sure sounded good too.

Heather said...

Romanesco really freaks me out. I'll explain why in a post later. But otherwise, that dinner looks really wonderful - simple is always best.

I find that children are always better once you get a glass or two of wine in them, personally.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Heather-now you have me totally freak out! Here I am doing everything to keep my children away from recalled beef, chicken, spinach etc. and then you tell me there is something bad about Romanesco???LOL. I can't wait to here. Also I tried them with the wine... Not liking it. More for me!

ga.farmgirl-the potatoes and beans sound great!!

Thistlemoon said...

Romanesco! Never heard of it, but boy is it weird! :)

Ivy said...

Never heard of romanesco before but those potatoes look really good.

JoAnn said...

Romanesco, looks funny, but what did your oldest daughter think of it?? I see her separating it, but did she eat it? Potatoes definitely look superb!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

She really loved it and made me buy more of it today!!! I am getting such good produce from there and it is only about 25 minutes from us! Email me if you want the info!