Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sunshine Citrus Chicken


I guess a trend is starting to appear. We have been grilling a lot. There is a reason behind this. We all got a little fluffy (read fat) after the holidays and I find that the easiest way to get the extra weight back off is to eat lean, healthy meals. My method of cooking is not real lean so this is when we rely on the grill to help us out. Lucky for us we live in Florida so we can grill all year long and even if you live up north you can but it is definitely more challenging!

The kids have been getting a little tired of the regular old marinades and I happened to have an orange left from the muffins that I made yesterday (which she didn't like anyway!!!) so I knew it was going to be citrus based. Here is basically what I threw together. The measures are just estimates. Not so important for a marinade.

Sunshine Citrus Chicken

Juice from half and orange
1 cup soy sauce (low-sodium if you like!)
1 tsp orange zest
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
4 chicken thighs

Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes (longer is better). Grill or bake until done!

We served this with Marrakesh Express Mango Salsa Couscous which was surprisingly delicious. It was also a real treat because we let my oldest daughter (age 7) cook this herself. She sure was proud!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this recipe soon. My holiday treats are still with me too, about 7 pounds worth I think. I think it is great your children are learning to cook. Look forward to more recipes.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks so much ga.farmgirl. Let me know how you like it!

Anonymous said...

I just added my site http://himalman.wordpress.com/ to the Blogger's Choice Awards..Perhaps you will vote for my blog - http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/38562 - Have a fabulous weekend!! -himalman :)