Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Quest for the Pefect Muffin...the ongoing saga!


If you remember a couple of months ago I was trying to simplify my crazy morning routine by making muffins. I must have made about 15 dozen muffins (most of them sitting in frozen limbo in my refrigerator) in this time period and the girls still wouldn't eat them so I said I was giving up. Well here is something about me...I don't give up too easily! So back at it I am!

I asked my oldest one what type of muffin she would like to eat for breakfast and she looked at all the fruit in the house (Clementine's. grapefruit, cherries, grapes, bananas, apples, mangoes, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries) and guess what she picked???? Oranges! Can you believe that. Who has all of that fruit in there house at one time anyway and then how can she just inventory everything in a split second and choose the one thing that I did not have!!! Anyway off to the grocery store I went and bought and orange and some orange juice.

I decided just to alter a couple of other recipes that I had and liked and change the flours around and they turned out pretty good. They are even slightly healthy with the huge amount of fruit and the oats that are in them! The true test will be whether or not she will eat them!!!

Orange Blueberry Muffins

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of pairing orange with blueberry. Yum!

I'm still on the quest for the perfect muffin too! I'll have to try these!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

We all loved these but of course...my oldest daughter didn't???!!!