Monday, January 14, 2008

Grilled Chicken and Spinach.


Now I do know that most of your are deep into winter right now but I know for a fact that you can still grill in the winter. My Mom used to bundle herself up and head on out to cook us dinner on the grill. I'm from Canada so if she can do it so can you!!!

T. cooked this up but I threw the marinade together so it was already for him to throw on the grill.

Chicken Marinade

1/2 cup white wine
2 T olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp orange zest
3 cloves garlic ( minced)
1/8 t ground ginger

We used thighs but you can use you favorite part of the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes but longer is better.
Grill until cooked.



Spinach

1 bag of fresh spinach
5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in heavy bottomed pan. Add garlic and allow to toast slightly. Add bag of spinach. Cook until tender. Add salt and pepper and serve immediately.

We usually eat a meal like this several times a week. It is nice and fast and healthy to boot as long as you don't cover your spinach with butter and Parmesan cheese that is (see top picture!)!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com


2 comments:

Danni said...

Yum. This is, like, my husband's dream meal...chicken thighs and veggies (if there must be some) covered in cheese! :-)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Must be a guy thing because I am pretty sure I could feed him anything with cheese on it!