Monday, January 7, 2008

The silence is almost deafening!!!

I now know what that means. Today is the first time that I have been alone in almost 3 weeks! If you remember my Mom arrived for Christmas about 3 weeks ago and the girls have been off for 2 weeks. And yes it has been wonderful but now I feel like I need to get moving and get a bunch of neglected things done or as my Mom pointed out to me this morning when I spoke her, I could do what I wanted to do and not what anyone else wanted! But my house is so very quiet.

I will not really be posting anything food related today as I have nothing really to post. I have been sick for what feels like a while now (since New Year's Eve...hard to beleive that was only a week ago!) and the girls lunches have been either frozen hamburgers or fruit salad and I already used that one and then last night we went out for dinner.

Last night we went to Carrabba's for dinner. Now we always avoid the chains. Very rarely do we ever eat at any of them other than Moe's Southwest Grill (if you have one near you and you haven't tried it go on in! It is fast food, build it yourself with fresh ingredients concept...we love Moe's) Tony hates Carrabba's but it was close and we were tired and hungry so in we went and it was very pleasantly, surprisingly good! I had a penne pasta special with alfredo sauce, peas, prosciutto, and mushrooms. Loved it. Tony had a pizza which he liked and the girls had spaghetti and meatballs and chicken fingers. All around a good meal.

I hope that I am going to be better soon so I can get on with my life and blog about it!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

1 comment:

kellypea said...

It is so strange when you realize you have time to yourself after being so busy. I really love those moments and there have been so few lately. Enjoy, and get well.