Thursday, January 31, 2008

No way could I get a picture!

Yes I've been at it again! I found the best Farmer's Market ever. All the food is certified Organic (Worden Farms) and the market is held every Wednesday! It doesn't get much better than this...well yes I guess it does. The guy on the shrimp boat right around the corner who was selling last nights catch right from his boat even beat that! I brought my bounty home. Cooked up the beets for dinner and left the shrimp for T. to cook and behead! Now just to let you know, my family loves fresh shrimp. That shrimp was sauteed in fresh garlic and butter until just cooked. Put on the plates and eaten up so quick that I didn't stand a chance at getting a picture! But it sure looked good!

I cooked up the beets using the oven roasted beet recipe that I used the other day and they were delicious again! I saved the greens to cook up tonight with one super large fresh salad! This is the best time of year to be eating locally that's for sure!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Those beets sure are addictive aren't they? ;)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Queen-I can't thank you enough for the recipe!!! I only hope that I am totally sick of them by the time they are done growing here!