Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lunch?


I was making my lunch today, after spending the whole morning cleaning up messes, and I looked at it and thought "Summer". I was instantly transported to a beautiful July or early August day up in Canada. I guess it is the smells of the garden fresh basil and the nice juicy, ripe tomatoes that does it.

This is probably my favorite way to eat fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and I know sometimes this is called a "Caprese Salad". I like mine really uncomplicated so I hesitate to call it a Caprese. I like mine with tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, salt and balsamic vinegar. That's it. No olive oil, no capers, no pepper. Just the bright, light flavors of summer.

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

7 comments:

glamah16 said...

One of my favorite salads. Especially witht the beautiful Heirloom tomatoes.

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Can't go wrong with it. Now you've got me hoping I have ample tomatoes so I can put something like this together for lunch...simple, fresh, and just so delicious

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it does look like summer. I love tomato,basil, mozzarella together too.
Looks great.

Brittany said...

You are making me crave big meaty summer tomatoes!

Nina Timm said...

I love tomato salad, my favorite being Italian Plum tomatoes. I however like the caper-pepper-olive oil-thing.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Glamah - I love heirloom tomatoes. For some reason though we don't find them here that often!

Mike-Hope you found some. It is delicious.

Hi Pam-How can you not love that combo!

Hey Brittany your time is coming!

Hi Nina - I love the caper-pepper and olive oil thing but over pasta. That is my favorite pasta dish. Just the nice, fresh goodness coming through!

Laura Paterson said...

This is one of my favourite salads - I don't usually add balsamic though - it's a really nice touch!