Monday, May 12, 2008

And what a great Mother's Day it was!

2 Mangrove Snapper ready for our plates!

We had an incredible, relaxing day. The weather was great so we had breakfast and I got my wonderful gifts (see previous post) and then lounged around the pool for the day! Nice huh?
Check out the teeth on this fish!!! I guess that's why they call them Snapper!

Dinner came and Tony pulled out the fish. He was able to get some Mangrove Snapper that was fresh caught that morning. I have found my new favorite way to eat Snapper by way of Peter at Kalofagas - Greek Food and Beyond. He did a post last month on Latholemono. which is really just lemon and oil. But boy is it good. Now I always have to mess with perfection and because we have fresh herbs growing in pots right now we bastardized his recipe until it is almost unrecognizable but the inspiration is still there!

Served with some grilled green beans.

Last night T. grilled the fish and topped it with a lemon and oil mixture with garlic, shallots, fresh oregano, fresh basil, parsley, salt and pepper. This is truly the best way to eat freah grilled fish. We always used to just put a quirt of lemon on but this is sooo much better.

See all the fresh herbs and garlic?

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Peter M said...

Judy, to ward off undesirables from my property, I'm going to build a moat and stock it with these fierce mangrove snappers...yikes!

Isn't this the best way to eat fish? Thanks for the mention and no worries about using your fave combo of herbs...I didn't invent latholemono either!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, those are some bad looking teeth there. But the fish looks and sounds delious.
I like the combination of herbs you used too.
Great looking meal.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Peter-Those teeth shocked me. I heard T. telling the girls but I didn't look until it was cooked!

Hey Pam- The fish is even more fresh tasting than it already is with the use of the lemon, oil and fresh herbs!

glamah16 said...

Your day got better and better. That fish looks superb!

Deborah Dowd said...

Those snappers look wicked! I like them much better dressed with the herbs! Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Heather said...

Happy belated Mom's Day to you, Judy! That snapper has one snarly front tooth. And I thought Rosanna Arquette was bad!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Glamah my day was pretty great!

Thanks Deborah - They were scary looking teeth for sure!

Thanks a bunch Heather!

Brittany said...

Wow, that fish is feirce, but looks oh so yummy!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Brittany that fish never saw us coming so we were safe!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is one serious fish Judy. I'll bet it was so droolworthy with all those fresh herbs and lemon:D Happy Belated Mothers day:D