Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just Busy!

This is the beautiful bottle of wine that was being featured that night.

I have been a very, very busy Mom this past couple of days. Yes, it sure does seem like I have been saying this quite a bit lately but hopefully it will settle down a bit now.


Thursday night my oldest daughter tested and received her purple belt in Karate! As has been tradition in the past we went out for a celebratory dinner afterwards. We went to La Trattoria Café Napoli for dinner and once again it was an incredible meal. The owner/hostess/server Gloria is a truly amazing presence in this restaurant. Everything that she does is centered around seasonal eating. Just right up my alley.

Clams served in the yummiest broth ever!

We all shared the clam appetizer and I swear the main reason that we get this is for the broth that the clams are cooked in! I think T. and I each got 2 clams and the girls ate the rest). Just fresh tasting and delicious. My meal was a special pasta dish that had shrimp, crab, leeks, and fennel with a nice light saffron sauce. The girls both had calamari (which is their favorite).
This was T.'s veal dish!

When we got home that night T. had to pack because he was going out of town for a couple of days. Unfortunately he was going to miss my youngest ones first skating competition which was bright and early Saturday morning.

Saturday the alarm got us all up and off we went to the skating rink. She had an event at 9 with practice time at 8 and then her main program was at noon. I was so nervous but she was a real star! She placed 3rd in her stroking event and then 2nd in her program!
She looks so small out on the huge amount of ice!!!

I know this post has not been about anything food worthy but trust me the food that I have eaten is not worth writing about. It has been a weekend of pizza and junk. I can't wait to sit down to a real dinner tonight!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

glamah16 said...

I'm salivating over those clams.Definatly blog worthy regardless if you made them or not.

Frantic Home Cook said...

You're one dedicated parent! What a lucky girl. (Yes, she does look tiny on that ice. But don't they grow so fast?)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Glamah - Those clams are delicious!!!

Hey FHC-They grow sooo fast. I would not want to miss out on one tiny moment of all of this!

Peter M said...

I say your daughter competes for Canada, ok?

The clams...what's the green in there? I must know!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Peter-I would hope she will compete Canadian!
Don't those clams look good? As far as I could taste it was fresh parsley , more fresh parsley, white wine and butter. Their may have been a bit of oregano but I just remember the parsley!

Heather said...

Aww, your girls are so cute! ...and successful!

Those clams looks awesome. I love a bivalve.

Dharm said...

Clams! Clams! I want some now! Karate and Skating - talented gals!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girls! Judy, I know you have been very busy, but they do grow up very fast. It is so great you all are doing so much as a family.
The clams and veal dishes look delicious.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Heather! They really are great kids!

Hi Dharm-Don't those clams look great? They are quite talented...and busy!

Thanks Pam-I would not trade this time with them right now for anything in the world! We are lucky to be such a close family. Sometimes I think we are too busy but the time will come when they won't want me around...at least now they do!

Brittany said...

Wow lady, you are busy! But I gotta say... those clams looked heavenly!