Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some great food reruns!

One of my favorite things to do when we have people come to stay with us is to make them some of our favorite food. Everybody has one special thing that they LOVE for us to make.

My sister's is anything cooked in T.'s homemade red sauce with anything in it! Sometimes he will stuff a chicken and cook it in there and other times we will make goat cheese ravioli to go with it.

My Mom generally likes to have steak. She lives by herself and doesn't seem to get enough of red meat. We are defrosting some of our grass fed beef for dinner on Wednesday!

The other night though I once again I wanted something fast, easy, tried and true. Peter's Souvlaki recipe!!! Once again it was delicious and incredibly easy to make. Used restaurant bought tzatziki and some crusty bread and it would have been a meal in itself but this time I made a salad.

Doesn't that salad looks great? Pitted kalamata olives, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion and lots of feta cheese!

An incredible Greek salad. I made a simple dressing of lemon, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. I was the perfect balance to a delicious meal!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

8 comments:

MrOrph said...

Great looking dishes! Wow! I'm hungry now.

I've never done souvlaki. My stepfather was Greek and he used to cook a lot of Greek dishes but I don't remember him ever doing this.

I will have to give this a try. I have a butt in the fridge that i want to use to make sausage, but some of it may go to souvlaki. We'll see!

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - that salad looks awesome...a great lemon vinegarette would set it off perfectly!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

The souvlakia look great! I'm going to have to try them real soon: they've been calling my name for about a month now.

reliv4life said...

mmmm now I am hungry - I want that salad, NOW!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Mr Orph-Peter over at Kalofagas has the best souvlaki recipe!!! I would never make it any other way!

Hi Darius-That salad was delicious! Like your blog!

Hi eating club-Probably since the last time I made them right???

Hi reli4life-the salad was pretty simple!

Thistlemoon said...

Looks delicious Judy! That is one of my favorite meals ever -right there! :)

Proud Italian Cook said...

This whole meal is bursting with flavor!I always have those pitted kalamata's in my frig, aren't they the best? Yumm, to everything here!

Anonymous said...

I think I want all of this. Everything looks great!