Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A nice fast marinated chicken recipe!

Juicy skinless chicken thighs fresh off the grill!

Even during the summer my days are so hectic with the girls. I try to slow them down a bit but they love to be active. Today they ice skated for a couple of hour, we took a bike ride, and then my oldest one had karate before dinner time! Yep, everyday pretty much goes like this!

I need to work fast. I had about an hour before I had to take her to karate after getting home from the ice rink. In that time I made T. some homemade blue cheese dressing, whipped up a salad, emptied the dishwasher and refilled it, made a really quick marinade for some chicken thighs that I had bought and ran out the door...any crazy person want to follow me around for a day???

This marinade was so nice and quick and I think I will use it again and again!!!

Chicken Marinade


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Tropicana Pure Valencia Orange with Mango
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
4 lg sage leaves, chopped
1-1/2 inch section of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 Tbsp soy sauce
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:
  • Combine all of the above ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Blend until emulsified.
  • Marinate your chicken pieces for several hours or overnight.
  • Grill or broil your chicken til done.
As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Dee said...

Fast is good. I NEED fast. Been spending way too much time in the kitchen *sigh* Great recipe!

Elly said...

This sounds like a great and very flavorful marinade. Yum! I hope to give it a try soon. And nothing beats chicken thighs!

Anonymous said...

More great ideas, Judy! With the kids, you think the running may be less in the summer, but it acutally seems to increase! My 3 always seem to need to go in different directions all at once! Back to school in month - sigh - and a different kind of chaos. It's all fun though, isn't it?Never a dull moment! Thank goodness I have your blog for quick, healthy and delicious ideas!

Thistlemoon said...

Looks great! You must be ready for a break pretty soon! Summer is almost over!

JoAnn said...

Whew! Just in time! I think this one's going to go well with our hawaiian bbq!

Anonymous said...

What a great combo of flavors! Orange and sage sound like they'd go great together. :)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Dee. You'll like this and there is plenty of room for modifications to it!

Let me know how you like it Elly!

Hey LMcC It is chaotic. I don't know how people with 3 children do it???

Hey Jenn-It's kinda bittersweet and as much as I need a break I end up missing them during the days!

Hey JoAnn-Enjoy the Hawaiian BBQ!

Hey Nikki-Orange and sage did go great together!

Proud Italian Cook said...

What a great combination! It glazes your chicken so nice! So appealing, makes you want to take a big bite!

chicken marinades said...

I just tried this recipe and its very delicious. The different herbs and spices really complement each other. Highly recommended! Feel welcome to check out my website for free chicken marinade recipes.

Sam said...

What a great combination of colors and flavors. It looks so beautiful! Yummy! Will try it out soon. Thanks so much for sharing.