Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Burgers

This is T.'s burger. Sauteed onions, blue cheese, tomato and mayo.
How summery does that look!!!

Yeah, I know I keep going on about it but it's been so long since we have really had any beef that I was willing to feed my family. So once we picked up our all natural, grass fed beef order we tried several different things. We have a lot of ground beef so we made hamburgers the other night. Really nice and easy.

Form the meat into patties by first making a ball in your hand and then pressing flat. We never use any bread, egg or crackers to help them bind. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Usually we grill them but it was raining kind of heavy so I just cooked them up on the griddle!

Everyone here has their own preferences. The oldest daughter likes it with just cheese and mayo. The youngest one likes cheese, mayo and tomato. T. likes it as it is in the pic, and I like mine all different ways-sometimes mustard, relish, pickles and tomatoes, other times just with cheese and tomatoes. However we have them these were delicious!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is just nothing better than a juicy burger!

Brittany said...

That looks amazing! One of my hubby's favorite burgers is when I chop up some steak and mix it with the ground beef, add a touch of Worcestershire sauce, patty them up, grill em, and top them with blue cheese.

Elle said...

Oh my gosh. It's 9:05 AM and all I want right now is a burger!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy. I'm with Elle, all I want now is a burger, just like that one. It looks so good!
I see the marinated chicken below, and it looks so good too! Hard to choose.
Have a great day!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

This burger makes me happy just looking at it - Your also killing me because it is lunch and I am starving - Got to go eat now!! ;)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Ann-You are so right!!!

Hey Brittany-I like that idea about the steak in it. T. would love that!

Sorry Elle!

Hey Pam-Both of them were really good!

Hi Cathy-Gotta love Happy Meat!!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

I love that cheese on there. I dont think I've ever had sliced bleu cheese. And caramelized onions? I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

MMMMM a "BlueBurger!" It looks so juicy and gooooooood! The caramelized onions...omg-I'd eat a plate of those on their own. lol Yay! for good beef, too. Most of ours here is imported from Argentina and Brazil...we have very little local (none) or even Spanish beef available.

test it comm said...

That burger looks perfect!

MrOrph said...

The perfect burger is the "house" burger!

I want one of those! I'll have mine with some bacon please.

Thistlemoon said...

We just made burgers the other night too - with buffalo. I have to find a meat guy like you did! I love caramelized onions on burgers (or just in a bowl).