Friday, August 15, 2008

What to do with left over steak?

Steak Salad!

We have been going full steam ahead this week. My poor Mom (leaves on Saturday) is going to need some time to get over this one!!!

Last night we had orientation at the girl's school. Seeing as it is going to be their first full year at this school we needed to be there for it. I think their teachers are going to work out wonderfully for both of them!!!

Anyway we had to figure out dinner around a 5:40 departure time for the school. I fed the girl's some left over pizza from Tuesday night before we went out and then made a salad for us adults. I decided that we would eat when we got back from the school. We had so much steak left over from my youngest ones birthday dinner the night before so we topped the salads with that. Pretty fast and yummy dinner!

T and my Mom topped theirs with mountains of Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and I just used a nice light vinaigrette that I had made. Seeing as we didn't get home until around 7:30 this was a nice ready made meal!

***I wanted to thank everyone who left a comment on my post from yesterday. I always hesitate to put things on this blog that are really personal feeling like that but when you need a bit of support you guys are simply the best!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

6 comments:

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

There is nothing better to use leftover steak for I totally agree - That really looks so yummy. Great for summer as well when you want to keep the heat to a minimum!!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Looks like a great way to use it, esp with a blue cheese dressing! My first inclination with odd bits of leftovers is to wrap them up in a tortilla and see if I can pull off a decent looking burrito

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Cathy-It was delicious. I wish I had gotten a pic of it with dressing on it!

Hey Mike-Too funny. We were going to make tacos out of it!

Giff said...

I love cold, sliced steak added to salad! Especially if it's got a nice singed edge from the grill :)

Brittany said...

This is a great idea! I usually just make a meal of it with steak and eggs, but it's so heavy, this is a great option!

Heather said...

Steak salad is a great idea! There are so many great things to do with leftover steak, but the blue cheese and salad is a winner. :)