Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here we go again!

See the line crossing into Florida? Just north of our city!


Hold onto your drinks folks were going to be in for a bumpy ride!!!

We are now under a Hurricane Watch for our area. More than likely the girls first day of school is about to be canceled and they won't end up starting until later in the week or depending upon our power situation until the area gets cleared up.

This is one of those really weird storms that you can't really even evacuate from. The forecast cone (the big circles are where the storm is predicted to hit) covers pretty much the whole state. So as of right now we stay put.

Am I prepared? As much as anyone I guess can be. If I learned anything from Hurricane Charley it was that you can never be prepared enough. Batteries? Check. Water? Check. Food? Hahaha (we could survive months on our freezer and pantry alone!) check.

The one really strange thing I am doing to prepare is to make bread. In the aftermath of Charley the State made sure that we had water and ice but you could not for the life of you buy a loaf of bread. My family won't eat store bought bread so I am baking!

As the winds start to pick up tomorrow night we will probably loose power but I should still be able to charge my iPhone on our super handy, dandy tv/radio/severe weather/charger thingy!

Wish us luck, these storms are unpredictable as hard as they try to make the predictions. It may take a nice turn away from us. I'll keep you posted!

As Always...

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

14 comments:

Life is Good said...

Good luck Judy. Praying it is not a bad one. Living in Charleston, SC I know exactly what you are going through. I was actually just in that area for 2 weeks staying in Bonita Beach. At least I think that's where it looks like it might come in.

Good luck and hoping if your freezer is full the power is not out for to long!

Sparkling said...

You really are a positive star! Reading through your post I could still feel that you were smiling while making your checklist. Good luck and let's pray that you won't be hit by it.

Take care.

Brittany said...

Stay Safe and please keep us updated when you can so we know you are all ok!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Big Mouth-Thanks for leaving a comment! Being from where you are you do know what we are going though. Bonita Beach is just south of us. We are in Cape Coral.

Hi Still thinking-Believe it or not this is the easy part, the preparing, from now on we just wait as our nerves become more and more frayed!

Hey Brittany-Thanks so much and I will try and post more updates. It is expected to hit us around dawn on Tuesday so we still have a lot of waiting to do!

Danni said...

Stay safe, Judy....I'm sending you all my "hurricane pass by you" thoughts!!!

Deborah Dowd said...

Having run this drill numerous times ourselves, you do right by getting prepared. Hoping this one will pass by or lose strength, and you'll be storing your batteries and canned goods for the next time!

Aggie said...

Good luck down there...we'll be getting what's left over I guess up in the central FL.

Stay safe!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Danni I'll need them!!!

Hi Deborah-You must agree that the waiting is the hardest part of the prep!

Thanks aggie-Hold onto your hats! Look like it will be pretty blowy for you guys too!

JoAnn said...

Hey Judy, I'm here for you! Literally! I'm here! It's our first so the advice is helpful. Take care

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Oh JoAnn-what are you doing here???? Call me if you need anything!

Patsyk said...

Good luck! I do hope the storm head out away from FL soon and you don't have to deal with more than just a bit of rain. I'll be thinking of you as I watch the weather updates!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Patsyk-Rain we can handle. Storm surge and tornadoes we can't!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Hopefully everything is still OK Judy.My thoughts are with you and your family and I have passed on a little something your way when you get the chance. You can pass it on only if you wish or you can just know that you are appreciated:D

Thistlemoon said...

*hugs* Judy!