Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Quick update


It's just after 3:00 AM and everyone is asleep. I just got up real quick to check the models and to see what was going on. I don't like when these things come at night. The noises outside are horrendous and it looks like it is just starting.

Last night was pretty uneventful. A bit of rain and a steady breeze. At about 2:30 the wind woke me up and that is the big thing right now. It's just really windy. I can hear and almost feel everytime a strong gust comes up and hits the front of the house. It hasn't started howling just whistling.

From the forecast models it looks like Fay may make landfall just to the south of us but a wobble in either direction can change all this. They are still saying that the worse will be from sunrise to midday.

Going to do some more rounds of the house and make sure the girls are tucked in nice and tight.

Will update again if possible when the sun comes up!

Judy

5 comments:

Sparkling said...

Hey Judy,
Waiting for your to wake up and tell me it's nice and sunny out there :)

The winds blowing your way only prayers and my heartfelt wishes.

Deeba PAB said...

All the best Judy...fingers crossed for you. Heard on CNN that's its knocked off poer in some parts! Take care.

Pumpkin said...

Hope you're safe! I lucked out- we're on the east coast of Florida, and it's just rainy here.
Hopefully you won't lose power!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Still thinking-Thanks so much for the well wishes. We were real lucky here!

Hi passionate about baking-We faired well. Didn't even lose power!

Hi pumpkin-I think on the east coast you all had more rain than we had!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your posts,they are very entertaining always.