Saturday, June 21, 2008

Do You Like Your Cheese Blue?

Blue Cheese with a bit of salad and fried chicken (can you tell he loves Blue Cheese Dressing???)

My hubby sure does! So instead of going to the really expensive grocery store where they sell all organics and buying a bottle of ungodly expensive blue cheese dressing I decided to make it for him.

We have a huge wedge of it in the fridge at all times because T. and the girls like to "snack" on it???!!! I am not a cheese hater but I don't particularly enjoy such over powering tastes and I find the blues to be in that category.

Regardless I made him this:


Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing (adapted from the Joy of Cooking)

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper

Process all of this in your food processor to your desired consistency.

about 3/4 cup Roquefort Cheese

Add this and process till chunky.

Use immediately of cover and refrigerate.

Use good quality blue cheese such as Roquefort for a really good dressing. This could be used so many different ways...even as a dip! We used this on a fried chicken salad which was a great mixture of flavors!

Click here for my fried chicken recipe!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

14 comments:

Peter M said...

w, you da best...you took one for the team and still made blue cheese dressing for hubby.

I'm "blue" with envy! lol

Danni said...

Mmmmmm....blue cheese dressing! Although, I can't really imagine snacking on it direct from the fridge. Very cool that your husband and kids do.
I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but I'm wondering if it would still taste ok if I substituted low fat (or, eeeek, fat free) mayo in the recipe. I probably won't, but...I'm just wondering. :-)
Yum, yum, YUM

test it comm said...

I can't believe that I have not tried a blue cheese dressing since discovering blue cheese. I will have to try it.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great recipe. I love good home made blue cheese dressing on a plane iceberg lettuce wedge with some nice ripe tomatoes diced on top.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good - never tried a blue cheese dressing, crazy as that is! Thanks!

Brittany said...

Oh I am so glad you posted this! My hubby LOVES BC dressing, I, like you find the cheese too overpowering...but I kinda like to dip some wings in:) I am healthy like that, so I will give this a go.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Peter-It's not that I really hate but I sure wouldn't go out of my way to get it!

Oh Danni-Just use what you have. I wanted to use sour cream but ended up using fat free plain yogurt!

Hi Kevin-If you like blue cheese you will like this and you can control how much you add!

Hi Bill-that would be the perfect way to eat this!

Hi JJ-Give it a try!

Hi Brittany-This is healthy too! Didn't you see? It has fat free plain yogurt in it!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

One very lucky family that's for sure Judy:D

Anonymous said...

I love Blue Cheese dressing and you cannot get it in Australia...so this is officially my recipe for it from now on! YUM.

Anonymous said...

I saw the photo and somehow missed the recipe! Making it tonight..thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi sweety .i think it's a wonderful food&mus mest be taste nice.but this food will bad effect on ur healthy.good luck

Anonymous said...

nice blog.. I wanted to infrorm you of the new blogger feature.i hope you will soon implement the Inline Comments Form for Blogger

If you need any help feel free to contact me..
I just made this comment to inform you about this.. So please reject this comment after reading..

Isayit said...

wow.. mouth watering stuff... wanna try cookin them and savoring the taste... will let a know how it went..

RJ Flamingo said...

Two years later, and this is still a killer blue cheese dressing. I made a half-recipe but used the third clove of garlic and the full amount of cheese, 'cause we do love the sharp & strong stuff. :-) Thanks!