Okay so I haven't really been posting much in the food way but I have been cooking. It's just that T. has been out of town and it really makes my life all the more hectic. Yes, I am one of the lucky ones who's husband helps out, a lot!!!
Anyway the other night I couldn't figure out what to make so I hunted through the freezer and found a couple of Italian sausage links (leftover from another recipe), some zucchini, and some green peppers. I thought quiche and good thing I did. This turned out so good. For some reason the cheese escaped to the top and made it look more like a cheese pie and I would have spiced it up a bit but this was dinner for the girls and I.
Yes, I confess to using store bought pastry but I was all alone with the girls and this was still better than going out!!!My Quiche
! ready made pie dough (I know, I was just really lazy that day!!!)
2 sausage link, sausage squeezed out of casing
1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
fresh ground pepper
- Place pie dough in a tart pan and press in. Cook at 450 for about 15 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove from oven and rest.
- Meanwhile cook sausage over med. heat until cooked through. Remove and store in a separate bowl.
- Cook onions and mushrooms until cooked through. Add zucchini and green peppers, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- In a seperate bowl beat 4 eggs with milk, nutmeg and pepper.
- Place sausage in the bottom of the pie shell top with the cooked veggies, then cheese. Top this the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until the center is set and a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Judy, I like your use of extra cheese and I'm sure we'd enjoy the same kind of pizzas...extra cheese!
I am a member of the extra cheese fan club Judy, expecially in quiche:D
I love this kind of meal: quick, easy and delicious.
Hola sweetie! There's nothing wrong in buying the pastry... and you saved money and time... what else can you ask for ;D
I still have to try to make my own quiche but if you say it's easy and yummy then soon will be performed in my kitchen too!
I love the way the cheese all came to the top! Gotta love the ooey-gooey goodness... yum!!!
I say use whatever makes life easy when it's a hectic day... that's what those products are for!
Hey Peter-The kiddos love the extra cheese. I would have used something other than cheddar for me.
Hi Val-you really can't have too much can you?
Thanks Cathy it was fast and delicious!
Oh Nuria-try it it really is fast and easy.
Hey Patsyk-It seemed to all bubble up there. Thanks for the free pass on the store bought stuff!
You are lucky you can get ready made quiche pie dough. You save a lot of time. Love the ingredients you have used.
your quiche looks awesomely beautiful.
Nice quiche - I did think it was a cheese pie at first though!!
Quiche is one of those "go to" comfort foods to me.
This looks lovely.
Quiche is such a great, easy light supper, and such a great way to use veggies! I like to leave the crust off and just make fritatta (I'm lazy).
Post a Comment