Thursday, October 9, 2008

Zucchini Muffins with Cranberries and Chocolate Chips!


Yeah, I know that is a huge title but that's what these were. I guess I should have added that it was bittersweet chocolate chips that I used...

Real simple recipe. I used the last 2 bags of grated zucchini that I had in my freezer. Probably just in time for my CSA to start next month! No mixer needed just 2 bowls.

Zucchini Muffins with Cranberries and Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

Oven 350

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 butter, melted
1 egg
handful of dried cranberries
handful of bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In a mixing bowl add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. I another bowl add the sugar, zucchini, butter, and egg. Mix well.
Add the flour mixture and stir til just combined. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
Fill paper lined muffin cups very, very full. Should make about 7 large sized muffins.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes, testing for doneness before removing from oven.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan to rack to cool the rest of the way.

These were incredible. I love how the spice accented the zucchini and the cranberries and the chocolate just took it right over the top. The girls loved these so I guess i need to come up with more zucchini!!!

***Just saw that I my apple in puff pastry photo is on the Foodie Views of the Day. Go on over there and check it out and give me a quick vote!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

14 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Zucchini adds so much to baqing..these would be moist & delicious:D

RecipeGirl said...

I had no idea that you could freeze zucchini. Thanks for the tip!

Bittersweet choc. chips are a good pairing with the cranberries. Yum!

Thistlemoon said...

I love zucchini muffins/bread/cakes/etc!!! These look awesome, Judy! :)

Núria said...

What a combo, Judy!!! Amazing pictures too :D.
I went over there and voted for your pic.

Peter M said...

OK, here's the deal...toss a muffin for each smoke detector you want me to change for ya, k?

Ivy said...

Thanks for adding me at Facebook.
I never knew you could make a sweet recipe with zucchini. It sounds so good. What's this about voting your photograph. Where can I VOTE? BTW, I have added you to my google reader and blogroll.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Val-These were everything a zucchini muffins should be.

Hi RecipeGirl-I froze a whole case of it. And they were yum!

Hey Jenn-these were awesome!

Hey Nuria-Thanks for the compliments and for voting!

Hey Peter-Seeing as it is still beeping I'll bake a fresh batch!

Hi Ivy-Thanks for adding me to everything!!! Zucchini makes great breads and muffins!

Aggie said...

Wow, these look so good! I love the addition of the cranberries and the chocolate...what a combo! Great picture!

Lori said...

Oh wow! What a great combination. I can't wait to try these. Cranberries are my favorite, especially around this time of year. I love finding new recipes to use them in. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

this is really good combination

Anonymous said...

i keep finding all these great desserts and sweetness i'd love for my b-day! wouldn't it be great to do a strictly sweets bday party!?!?!?!
whoa!! i really like this recipe... somehow they look to be light...

Cristine said...

These were absolutely fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe!

LF said...

What is the measurement on the butter? It says 1/4 butter - does that mean 1/4cup (.5 stick) or 1/4lb (which I think is 1 stick)? Thanks! I'm excited to make these!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Ack!!! 13 comments and numerous publications of these and you just noticed this!!!!! 1/4 cup of butter! So sorry about that!