Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More banana recipes???!!!

Yummy, hot from the oven banana bread!

I seem to have an absolute plethora of rotting bananas in my house. I am really hoping for apples but the kids keep eating all of those and leaving me with bananas! So I made banana bread. Really good and fast banana bread.

I had my youngest home with me yesterday so it needed to be fast. In between the coloring and the constant questions and making me watch her every move I needed to be quick with anything that I had going on. I knew this one would be fast and just what I needed.

Moist and nutty banana bread!

Banana Bread (all recipes.com)

Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients:

2 cups AP Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2-1/3 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 pecans, chopped

Directions:
  1. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, mashed bananas vanilla, and pecans until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
This was a super fast and easy recipe. Be sure not to over mix the batter. Over mixing will make for a drier bread. This is a very bananay bread with a ton of moisture! Loved it!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Peter M said...

LOL...ok, another banana bread recipe. When they are good, I can have them with the frequency of toast...bring it on!

Jen said...

I don't think you can ever have enough banana recipes - I love them. This looks like a classic.

Preston said...

I love banana bread!

Danni said...

There are SO many questionable recipes out there, I love having one endorsed by YOU. You've yet to steer me wrong! :-)
Did you make a bunch and freeze them?

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Who doesn't love a good banana bread? I was eating it (and pumpkin bread) for breakfast for a long stretch recently...I had to stop just so I didn't overdo it...but I could live on the stuff. It looks delicious!

Meg said...

YUM! There is nothing better than a warm piece of banana bread!

Anonymous said...

I made this today and OMG you're right, it was very moist. I didn't put the pecans b/c my son dislikes them and after I mashed my four bananas it was less than what your recipe required but it still turned out very delicious.

Will def bake this again.

Thanks.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Peter-I'm with you on that!

Hey Jen-This one was excellent in it's simplicity!

Us too Preston!

Hey Danni-Not freezing them yet but that's next!

Hey Mike-Love pumpkin bread as well!

Hi Meg-you are so right!

Hi Jackie-Glad you liked it!!!

appropriated.muffin said...

i am VERY VERY wary of making banana bread. My past several attempts were burned disasters! But I might just hop back on the Banana Bread train with your recipe. Have you ever tried adding in chocolate chips? I see those recipes all over, so those are the ones I've attempted.

Unknown said...

I've made several banana bread recipes and I always come back on this page for this one. Great recipe! Good way to use up old bananas! I also want to share this recipe: Banana Pudding , its very easy to prepare. Try it.