These were the absolute best banana muffins I have ever had or made. They were rich, nutty, full of chocolate and bananas. Everything a banana muffin should be. Can I duplicate the recipe? Not too sure. I had one of those bags of ingredients that you buy in bulk and always forget to label or just figure you will remember what it was. I think this bag was almond meal. Maybe from a Daring Baker challenge months ago? I guess I need more almond meal!!! My quest is over. I now have the perfect banana muffin recipe!
Banana Nut Muffins
1 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup milk
5 Tbs butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Place liners in your muffin pan.
- Mix flour, pecans, almond meal, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bananas, milk, butter and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just moist (do not over mix). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin cups to almost over full with the batter.
- Bake until tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute then remove and allow to cool on wire rack.