Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So what did I do with the leftover cream cheese mixture?

Cream Cheese and Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Turnovers!

Sunday afternoon was pretty lazy around here. We put in the garden and then I sat outside and read while the girls and the dogs swam. One of those really nice days where all seems right in the world.

But then I got hungry, and I remembered the leftover cream cheese and chocolate chip mixture from the cupcakes that I made for the Baking for Breast Cancer Awareness Event. I had gotten some pretty good suggestions as to what to make but it was a lazy Sunday...

I popped some frozen puff pastry out of the freezer and let it thaw and I cut the sheet in quarters and filled them with the mixture and sealed them up nice and tight. I gave them a little egg wash and sugared the top, popped them in the oven and ate them up. Nah, not really I shared with everyone. But these were so good that I did momentarily think about keeping them all to myself!


So remember, don't throw out your leftovers. They can be made into some pretty incredible things!!!

I am sending this over to Ivy at Kopiaste... for her Sweet Pies Event!


As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

14 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I made something similar over the weekend but with lemon zest (my next favourite flavour after chocolate)....so good and quick too:D

Ivy said...

That's a lovely way to use some of your leftover cream cheese. If you like you can submit it to my Sweet Pies Event and just place a link to your post.

Patsyk said...

Oh, those look like a wonderful treat... and you didn't have to out shopping to get ingredients!

Darius T. Williams said...

I love this - great use for leftover cream cheese!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - that looks amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Damn skippy you make a chocolate turnover! THAT is my girl.

Peter M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter M said...

Judy, Judy, Judy...the artist formerly known as Jan...these turnovers remind me of Vachon cakes.

Anonymous said...

oo i never would have thought of that in a turnover...yum! great idea!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Perfect way to use up that cream cheese mixture! I don't know if I would have been able to share these!

glamah16 said...

Oh Yumm. Your givibng me ideas for when I make my Marsacapone chhese!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

They sound yummy and look great.....

While I don't mind sharing there are times I'm really hopeful that no one else will like what I've made. No luck as a matter of fact usually 4 out of 5 of us at home are smacking our lips and vying for the leftovers.
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

What a great way to use your leftovers! I think I would have kept these all to myself too!


I would love to include your recipe in our pre-loaded Demy, the first and only digital recipe reader. Please email haleyglasco@gmail.com if you're interested.

Thanks!

Becky at VintageMixer said...

sounds delicious!