Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


It's a busy day in our house. trying to get 2 children dressed for school in costumes, having back up clothes, homework from the night before, and snacks for the Halloween Party! UGH!

So I leave you with this...


Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Preheat oven to 425 degrees (anyone know how to do the degrees symbol?)

Ingredients:

1/2 stick of butter (melted)
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp smoked paprika

Directions:
  • Mix and stir in cleaned and dried pumpkin seeds and place on a baking sheet.
  • Place in the oven and stir every 5-7 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Happy Halloween!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

14 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Happy Hallowe'en. Have a great time with the kids and an even better weekend:D

Lori said...

Those sound so good! And a healthier treat for this time of year. Definite bonus. :) Have a great Halloween!

RecipeGirl said...

We're carving pumpkins today since we have the day off from school. I'd love to do something a little different with roasting my seeds since my kiddo won't eat them anyways! Great recipe!

Peter M said...

Have a fun & safe Halloween and try not to get that tasty spice mix all over the candies you're giving out to the kids!

Dharm said...

Happy Halloween! That pumpkin looks superb. The degree symbol is done using the code "&deg" without the quotes. So 350 "&deg" would give you 350 &deg

Dharm said...

LOL...looks like it doesnt work in comments. It should work in a normal post though...

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Val-you have a good one too!

Thanks Lori-you too!

Hi Recipegirl-these are nice and adult like although my girls love them this way too!

Hey Peter-I'll keep licking my fingers!

Thanks so much Dharm, I have to try that!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

I love your recipe as the combination of spices would be tasty!!!

Patsyk said...

Great recipe! Have a Happy Halloween!

Aggie said...

These look great and of course I have some pumpkin seeds in the fridge waiting to be roasted! Yum! Happy Halloween!

Thistlemoon said...

I LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds!!! They are awesome! My mom used to always make them when I was little! I shall do it tonight as well! :)
Love your recipe!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Have fun tonight with your family. Those are my kind of pumpkin seeds!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! This is pretty cool Halloween fare for a fellow bah-humbugger. Nice job on those seeds. I think I'll had them to the menu tonight when we're hiding out at our friends. She'd LOVE them!

Brittany said...

Those seeds....yuuuummmm. I would trade away my candy for those!