Thursday, October 30, 2008

Once again the very best chocolate chip cookies ever!


I stand by that statement as I did the first time I said it back in February when I first made these cookies! See here These cookies are rich, chewy, crunchy (if you cook them longer!) and delicious each and every time I make them.

My daughter came to me trying to figure out what to give her friend for her birthday. She wasn't going to be able to go to the party but she still wanted to give her a gift. Buying gifts for these children gets harder and harder all the time. They have everything, and I mean everything. We decided that we would make her her favorite sweet treat. Turns out she loves chocolate chip cookies. Easy!!! She loved them. She told my oldest daughter that it was her favorite gift, even better than her Nintendo DS. Now if that doesn't prove that these are the best ever I don't know what does!

I found this recipe on Jill's blog at Simple Daily Recipes. If you love chocolate chip cookies you have to try these!!!

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (I only had light brown sugar so I added 1 Tbs molasses)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup healthy egg substitute, or 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375F degrees.

Beat sugars and butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough 1/4 cupfuls (I used a small scoop so I got smaller cookies) about 2 inches apart on ungreased (or silpat covered) cookie sheet.

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Jen said...

This is, indeed, a wonderful recipe - and we can never have too many perfect chocolate chip recipes. I think, though, that it's simply the recipe off the back of the Nestle's tollhouse morsels package with 1/4 cup extra brown sugar.

And there's nothin' wrong with that!

My fave recipe is a riff off that one, too. Yours would be yummier - I go for a slightly healthier recipe that my son and hubby actually love.

Oh... for all the amazing desserts out there, I think my fave is still just good, old chocolate chip cookies.

Darius T. Williams said...

I bet these were great - the looks awesome!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have to try these one day Judy...gotta love chocolate and chewy goodness:D

Peter M said...

You coukd have changed the title to "bestest"....works for me.

Also, did you have an "easy-bake oven" as a girl? lol

Susan @ SGCC said...

Better than Nintendo?!?! I'd better start baking. Xmas is coming!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Well jen I am really not sure where Jill got the recipe from but it sure is good!!!

Hey DTW-these were awesome!

Hey Val-These were so good. If it weren't for Halloween and all the junk that will be around then I would bake some more!

Hey Peter-Never had an easy bake oven but Mom was pretty cool and we baked together a lot!

Hey SGCC-That's what she said...maybe I can get away with that for my kids???

Elle said...

Better than a DS? Wow, that's some endorsement! I'm always up for a new cookie recipe, so I'll be sure to bookmark these.

Beth said...

Looks Tasty!

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Thank you for the link love, Judy!
Wow, "better than Nintendo"!
I know what I'm doing for Christmas gifts this year.

Just for the record, I've never claimed to create my own recipes, because honestly, there's nothing new under the sun. I just sort, cook & post the best tasting that I've made for my own family & friends.

The recipe comes out of my old Betty Crocker cookbook that I've had for 22 years. (I can't believe I can say "22 years." Ugh, feeling old now, gonna go make another cup of coffee.)

Maris said...

These look fantastic. They sure would keep me entertained!

Anonymous said...

Choco Chip cookies reign as my all time favorite and when I bake them, I truly struggle to keep my hands off. One of the few that seriously does me in! These look fabulous!