Monday, October 20, 2008

Quiche my way...

Quiche with sausage, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and green peppers! Yummmmmm!

Okay so I haven't really been posting much in the food way but I have been cooking. It's just that T. has been out of town and it really makes my life all the more hectic. Yes, I am one of the lucky ones who's husband helps out, a lot!!!

Anyway the other night I couldn't figure out what to make so I hunted through the freezer and found a couple of Italian sausage links (leftover from another recipe), some zucchini, and some green peppers. I thought quiche and good thing I did. This turned out so good. For some reason the cheese escaped to the top and made it look more like a cheese pie and I would have spiced it up a bit but this was dinner for the girls and I.

Yes, I confess to using store bought pastry but I was all alone with the girls and this was still better than going out!!!

My Quiche

Ingredient:

! ready made pie dough (I know, I was just really lazy that day!!!)
2 sausage link, sausage squeezed out of casing
1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup milk
pinch nutmeg
fresh ground pepper

Directions:
  • Place pie dough in a tart pan and press in. Cook at 450 for about 15 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove from oven and rest.
  • Meanwhile cook sausage over med. heat until cooked through. Remove and store in a separate bowl.
  • Cook onions and mushrooms until cooked through. Add zucchini and green peppers, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
  • In a seperate bowl beat 4 eggs with milk, nutmeg and pepper.
  • Place sausage in the bottom of the pie shell top with the cooked veggies, then cheese. Top this the egg mixture.
  • Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until the center is set and a knife comes out clean.
  • Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Peter M said...

Judy, I like your use of extra cheese and I'm sure we'd enjoy the same kind of pizzas...extra cheese!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am a member of the extra cheese fan club Judy, expecially in quiche:D

Anonymous said...

I love this kind of meal: quick, easy and delicious.

Núria said...

Hola sweetie! There's nothing wrong in buying the pastry... and you saved money and time... what else can you ask for ;D
I still have to try to make my own quiche but if you say it's easy and yummy then soon will be performed in my kitchen too!

Patsyk said...

I love the way the cheese all came to the top! Gotta love the ooey-gooey goodness... yum!!!

I say use whatever makes life easy when it's a hectic day... that's what those products are for!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Peter-The kiddos love the extra cheese. I would have used something other than cheddar for me.

Hi Val-you really can't have too much can you?

Thanks Cathy it was fast and delicious!

Oh Nuria-try it it really is fast and easy.

Hey Patsyk-It seemed to all bubble up there. Thanks for the free pass on the store bought stuff!

Ivy said...

You are lucky you can get ready made quiche pie dough. You save a lot of time. Love the ingredients you have used.

Big Boys Oven said...

your quiche looks awesomely beautiful.

Laura Paterson said...

Nice quiche - I did think it was a cheese pie at first though!!

Jen said...

Quiche is one of those "go to" comfort foods to me.

This looks lovely.

Heather said...

Quiche is such a great, easy light supper, and such a great way to use veggies! I like to leave the crust off and just make fritatta (I'm lazy).