Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lemon Chicken Scaloppini...


I had no idea what was going to be for dinner last night. Wednesday night's are the only night that we aren't running off to something that the girls are doing so I usually put a bit more effort into the meal. This time it was easy though.

I went on Tastespotting for some inspiration and actually found something that wouldn't require me to re mortgage the house to make or take up any of my valuable "play with the kids time". Very, very important to me right now!!!

I came across this post for Lemon Chicken Scaloppini and just couldn't resist! I am so glad I didn't. I made this and served it with rice and green beans and it was incredible. The rice took longer to make then the chicken. Loved this dish...have I mentioned that I loved this dish????

Lemon Chicken Scaloppini (The Food Channel)

Ingredients

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 chicken cutlets. All natural, hormone and antibiotic free)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon salt (I added garlic powder and black pepper as well)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained
  • 1 lemon, sliced very thin
  • Salt and pepper to taste (I also finished with garlic powder and onion powder)
  • 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped

Preparation

  • Place chicken breasts on cutting board and slice in half horizontally, forming 8 thin filets.
  • Place each chicken fillet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until 1/4-inch thin.
  • Combine flour and salt in shallow container. Dredge pounded chicken in seasoned flour; shake off excess flour.
  • Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Working in several small batches, sauté chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat, turning once.
  • Add white wine and chicken broth. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
  • Add lemon pieces and capers.
  • Season to taste; garnish with parsley.
Everyone loved this dish. Even my daughter who said "that smells so bad" ended up eating it and loving it!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

18 comments:

Dharm said...

Deciding what to cook is always a problem for me especially with trying to keep up with a food blog!! This chicken dish looks just yummy scrummy!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This would be a favourite in my household too Judy!!!

Núria said...

That picture says it all.... Mmmmmm
I feel the same many times. But lately, I'm a bit more organized... he, he so proud of it ;D We'll see how long it lasts!

Anonymous said...

Looks quick, easy and so delicious. I love this combination of flavors.

Susan @ SGCC said...

This looks great, Judy! I like that you don't add lemon juice, like many other lemon chicken recipes. I've ended up with some very puckery chicken in the past! ;)

Anonymous said...

Judy, I am going to make this tonight! I love that about your blog. I just click and get a great idea for dinner ( or appy or dessert!)! Thanks for taking all the work out for me.

The girls and I have put you FIL on our intentions list. I hope he is doing better.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious, and reasonably quick and easy to prepare.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Dharm-this was yummy scrummy!

Hey Val-This was soooo good!

Hey Nuria-Lucky you on being organized. I never have been so this is what I'm used to!!!

Hi Cathy at WwK-It really was. I say about 20 minutes in all!

Hey Susan-There was a really nice balance not too puckery!

Hey LMcC-Glad to be able to help you! Thanks for the good thoughts!

Thanks fearless-it really, really was!

Thistlemoon said...

That photo is totally making me drool! I haven't had a dish like this in too long! :)

LiteralDan said...

Note to self: Do not read food blogs before lunch.

On that note, I will excuse myself to go have what now seems like a lame, second-rate lunch.

Proud Italian Cook said...

It's amazing how fast you can put out a good meal like this! This is a favorite mid week meal of ours too!

Melissa said...

Love this one, minus the capers. I actually just did a post on it and hubby and I both agreed we didn't like them, but then everyone told me to rinse them first so I might try that next time.

The chicken crisps up perfectly like this though, doesn't it? That's what I liked best about it, how easy that part of it was. I dipped mine in grated parm along with the flour.

I'm making this again tonight. I had already planned on it!

Peter M said...

Nice dish Judy! It's simple, elegant and perty...I dig it!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Jenn-It's time to make it then!!

Hi Literal Dan-Doesn't that suck?

Hi Proud Italian Cook-I was really surprised as to how fast this was!

Hey melissa-Good idea on the parm. I love capers so for me it was perfect.

Hey Peter-Glad you approve!

test it comm said...

That lemon and caper sauce sounds really tasty.

glamah16 said...

YUMM. Capers and lemon!

Simply...Gluten-free said...

This really looks lovely!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I've been wanting to make chicken scaloppini for a long time. This one just looks so yummy that I'll make it sooner rather than later. Thanks!