Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kathy's Cannellini Bean Salad with Tuna

Cannellini Bean Salad with Tuna

Now for another great recipe from the Potluck last Friday...wonder how long I can ride this one out???

I loved this salad, so much so that I begged for some of the leftovers so that I could have some for lunch the next day! I think I loved the simplicity of it and how all the flavors were so nicely balanced what with the oil and the lemon. Yumm. I must make some more for lunch tomorrow!

Cannellini Bean Salad with Tuna

Ingedients:

2 cans cannellini beans
2 cans of tuna, drained
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tomato, diced small

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and serve.

Thanks so much for the great recipe Kathy. I will be making this one over and over again!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Peter M said...

It's rare that I blog surf on an empty stomach, now I want bean salad for brekkie!

Also, is that red bowl for sale? ;)

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Judy, this looks delicious. I came across this recipe the other day and couldn't imagine how it would taste.
You know, tuna & beans, together? Hmmm.

Reading your take, makes me want to go for it. This recipe is sooo simple, too.

Brittany said...

I will be making this TODAY. I've been craving it since I saw it in your last post.

Laura Paterson said...

I love this recipe - I used to make something almost identical quite often, and take it into work for a summer lunch!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Peter-Beans anytime are good right? I'll be watching you and my red tableware when you are here!!!

Thanks Jill...go for it!

Hey Brittany-Posted just for you!

Hey Kittie-Great lunch isn't it?

Aggie said...

I just recently had cannelinni beans with tuna for the first time and love it! Great recipe!!

Thistlemoon said...

This is great. I love the combo of tuna and beans. My mom likes to make a salad like this but uses garbanzos instead. I bet the cannelinis make it really creamy! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! This has to be great, Judy! Love cannelini beans! I bet I could even get the kids to eat this one. :D

Anonymous said...

I have crave for this

Melissa said...

I finally made this and I'm eating it right now for lunch. I used canned alabacore and sliced grape tomatoes. I also brought the last of my little tub of grated parm from Whole Foods and sprinkled some over it. I don't know why I thought to do that, but it blends with the other flavors just beautifully, so, yay. :)

Thanks Judy!