Monday, February 9, 2009

Blogging friends or simply friends...

Jenn and Roberto at the Sanibel Lighthouse!

What a wonderful thing it is when the lines becomes blurred and the people that you have called your "blogging friends" turn into your real and just normal everyday friends. People you talk to everyday and end up sharing parts of your life with without ever meeting them. Does that make them any less of a friend because the distance is too far to just drive over and see them?

I guess I have proved that this weekend and I still hold onto my belief that food bloggers are some of the best people anywhere.

We were lucky enough to have Jenn (The Leftover Queen), hubby Roberto and cute puppy Pepino to stay with us for the weekend. You would think I have a ton of pictures of all of the food we made and the eating we did but sadly, no! I think we were so busy talking and just hanging out that we forgot to take pictures.

Dinner Friday night was delicious. I had marinated some Pork in Peter's Souvlaki marinade, Jenn and I made a Greek salad, bread (Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes bread), tzatziki, roasted potatoes and Jenn made some Baba Ganouche while I went and picked up the girls!

We ended up sitting up late just talking...

Saturday night we did an impromptu invite of some of my closest friends. Funny thing is they had a friend visiting them. Turned into a really fun night featuring a 25 pound pan of sausage lasagna that T. made and some good cheap wine!!! Thanks for coming Karen it was great meeting you!!!

Jenn and I were able to at least focus and start and complete our DB Challenge for the month. Look at me...almost 20 days early too!

Sunday we went to the beach and had a wonderful time just strolling and checking out several area beaches. We have some real pretty ones here!

Really I have some food posts coming up. I "splatchcocked" a chicken so stay tuned!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Elle said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Judy!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do know what it's like to meet people you've only known on line. It's a great experience!

Peter M said...

Judy, good friends, family, good food and drink and above all your health...nothing else is important.

Thanks as always for your link luv...PMA'd!

Joie de vivre said...

I read Jenn's re-telling of the weekend over at her site. It sounds like a great time!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow! Judy! You are so on the ball with your story! We are still sorting through pictures over here! I am gonna try to post tomorrow! :)

We had a great time with you and the No Fear Family! I love that our lines are blurred! :)

JoAnn said...

That's really great! I enjoy meeting the "real" friends I've made online. I already knew you were real when I met you before we began blogging!

glamah16 said...

That sounds like the prefect weekend.

Melissa said...

I call my online friends "friends" and they are as real to me as those I met through other means. How wonderful for you and Jenn to spend time with one another!

Aggie said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I'm craving a Greek dinner right now...and your sausage lasagna.

Jen said...

It sounds like a lovely time! And do you live on Sanibel? I've always heard it's just lovely there.