I guess I am sort of following a really crappy pattern here. I have soooooo much food that seems to been the right on the edge. Too old to eat as it is but just right for baking or cooking...aren't I lucky????
This time it was blueberries. Can you guess what I made?
Blueberry Muffins (adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book)
1 cup AP Flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (you can use regular AP flour)
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk (2 Tbsp more if using ww pastry flour)
1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp finely zested lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients except the blueberries and zest. Add all at once to the flour mixture and stir until just moist. The batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in the blueberries and the lemon zest.
- Fill greased muffin cups or paper liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
On another note...Hurricane Ike.
(see my post here). I guess all I am trying to say is let's not forget that those people still need our thoughts and prayers.
If anyone is interested in making a monetary donation to this family please email me at email@example.com and I can get you the family's name and address. This would be going right to them, not through me. They really need all the help they can get right now!