Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shrimp Diane

Yesterday was one of those weird days where I could find absolutely nothing that I wanted to make or have for dinner. Usually I have a pretty good idea by the ingredients that I have bought during the week. Am I becoming a little disheartened by my seemingly endless purge of my freezer and pantry? I guess there is a reason all of that food has been in there and not used! So guess what I did? I told T. to figure out dinner??? LOL!

He did a great job too.

This is what we had...

Sorry for the crappy picture but Hurricane Ike took my sunlight!
You get the idea though-shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini in a butter sauce!


Shrimp Diane

Ingredients:

1 lb of medium sized shrimp, cleaned with tails on
1 stick of butter-I never said T. cooks low-fat!!!
6 green onions, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 zucchini cut into sticks
1/4 Cup stock, preferably fish or shrimp
1/4 Cup fresh parsley, picked and chopped
1 package of your favorite pasta, cooked

Spice Mix:

1-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp granulated garlic
pinch of cayenne (less depending on taste)
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp oregano

Directions:
  • Mix the spice mix ingredients together and set aside.
  • Melt 6 Tbsp of the butter in a large pan. When almost melted add the garlic, zucchini and the spice mix.
  • Mix well and add the shrimp and cook for about a minute.
  • Add the mushrooms and the stock and simmer until shrimp are almost fully cooked.
  • Add the remaining butter and parsley and green onion and cook until the butter is completely melted.
  • Serve over your favorite pasta with a generous serving of Parmesan cheese.
This was a really nice dish to come home from Karate to. Thanks so much T. Tonight we want Pizza-okay?

Things used from my freezer:

shrimp
zucchini
shrimp stock

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Laura Paterson said...

Mmmm - nice (if slightly naughty!) way to use up those bits and pieces!

Go T!!!

Brittany said...

THANK YOU! I have been craving shrimp, and I love mushrooms and zuch, I am allover this this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dharm said...

My word! I love prawns (shrimp) and that looks better than amazing. Can we please, please one day all be neighbours so we can share food??!!!

Life is Good said...

That sounds good. I don't think my husband could come up with something like that! He will usually only cook on the weekends and it tends to be on the grill or smoker and we are running low on the venison that he got last winter from hunting! ;-) And boy have I done some amazing things with Venison in the past few months.

Peter M said...

Wow, it's sunnier here than in FLA. I hope everything blows away soon )pun intended).

I know this shrimp dish rocked 'cause you got them from the shrimp dudes!

Núria said...

Hey, I love the combo of ingredients here! I could easily cook this for my daughter too :D

I hope that hurricanes treat you well, dear!

Anonymous said...

My husband is really bad at that kind of extemporaneous stuff. He'd be fine if I went into the kitchen, handed him your recipe, and pulled out every ingredient from the fridge for him. I'm jealous! :)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Kittie-The butter is a lot but at least it's real food and not processed!

T. Rocks!!!

Hey Brittany-Glad you can use this!!!

Hey Dharm-Wouldn't that be the most incredible neighborhood? Just think of the parties!

Hi LisG-This is one of T's recipes from when we owned a restaurant. He is a trained chef.

Hey Peter-Greece and now more sun that me...you really are rubbing it in!

Love my shrimp guys! Bet they didn't go out last night!

Hello Nuria-This really is an easy recipe and full of flavor too!

Thanks about the hurricanes. We got lucky with Ike. Pray for those folks in Texas though!

Hi Fearless Kitchen-Hey I say as long as you didn't have to cook! T. loves to cook but what a freakin mess he makes!

Thistlemoon said...

Nummy! Way to go T!!!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Mr. T. did an excellent job with dinner Judy:D

glamah16 said...

Yummm.I 'll take some. Good use of ingrediants.