Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What to do with all the bits and pieces?

I was having a bit of a dilemma. My fridge was full. My freezer was full. I knew I needed to start taking some drastic measures! Actually eating what I had and not buying more or wasting any leftovers. Just from the challenges that I did last week I had crumb topping, chocolate cream puff filling, and chocolate sauce. I actually emailed my friend Jenn and she suggested a cake or pudding but that seemed like too much work and I may have had to get off of the couch earlier. But regardless this stuff was not going to go to waste.

Strawberries with an Oatmeal Crumb Topping

I threw the chocolate cream filling in the freezer and poured some cut up strawberries into a pie plate and topped them with the crumb topping and baked them in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes or until they were hot and bubbly. Yanked them out of the oven. Used the chocolate cream filling as ice cream and served it all together topped with chocolate sauce.

Strawberries with oatmeal crumb topping, neopolitan ice cream and the chocolate sauce from the Daring Baker's éclairs!

OMG...Yummmmm! I used some regular ice cream for the girls and they just loved it as well! And now I found a use for all of that stuff...

What to do about the freezer?

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

12 comments:

Laura Paterson said...

Oh yes - surely this is a decadent use of leftovers!! Slurp! :D

amuse me said...

My mouth is actually watering! Yummy looking photographs, but even better looking desserts.

inland empire restaurant and food reviews said...

Man, I wish I had a mom like you when I was growing up. Looks delicious!

Brittany said...

I need to head your advice and start making what i have, and stop getting lured into buying me...look how fabulous it can turn out!

Elle said...

Oh, that looks so good! I've got the chocolate sauce left, too. Been having it on sherbet.

Heather said...

I'm totally making that Homer Simpson gurgling happy noise right now.

Lunch Buckets said...

I'm forcing myself to use up what we have this week - the larder, she overflows. Just explain to me why things look so much more interesting in my basket than in my pantry.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Kittie-You know you have them too! All the little leftover bits.

Hi meryl-It was really good. I even ate the last of the crumb and strawberries cold the next day for lunch!

Hi ierfr-My kids will never appreciate it until they are older.

Hey Brittany-It's been kind of fun. And not nearly as much waste!

Hi Elle-I had some last night on strawberries and bananas. Soooo good!

Hey Heather-I can totally imagine it right now!

Hey Lunch buckets-It's gotta be the lighting...blame everything on the lighting!

Thistlemoon said...

Whoaaaa!

Unknown said...

what a great way to use up the bits and pieces!

glamah16 said...

It all works. Its amazng what we collect in the freezer.

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Who could say no to chocolate and strawberries? This looks like a delicious way to enjoy leftovers