I was at the girl's school this morning for the first time as a volunteer so that was kind of fun and I had a brief meeting with the "gifted" coordinator to find out how far along we had gotten with my oldest daughter's paperwork. So I needed something quick and that didn't require too much attention from me. This is where the Crockpot comes in to play. I guess the reason that I don't like it all that much is that most of the things that I come across to cook in it have Cream of Mushroom Soup in it????!!! Are the 2 things made by the same company? Is Rival somehow linked to Campbell's? Whatever.
Anyway I came across this when I was looking for something to do with the marmalade and chicken. This recipe, although it is for in your Crockpot, has no cream soup of anything in it so I decided to give it a whirl!
Before the recipe though I want you to check out Stephanie's Blog. Stephanie likes me. I mean really likes me and even blogged about it. Pretty cool huh?
Marmalade Curry Chicken (adapted from Allrecipes.)
- 8 boneless, skinless, chicken cutlets
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Mix the flour with the next 5 ingredients. Dredge the chicken through the flour and place the chicken in the slow cooker. Whisk together the marmalade, chicken stock, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and ground ginger in a bowl. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 5 to 7 hours. Make sure to flip over the chicken breasts once during cooking.
What it used up in from my fridge and freezer:
frozen chicken cutlets
jar of reduced sugar marmalade that tasted like crap
some left over chicken stock from another recipe last week