Monday, May 19, 2008

My lovely, amazingly, incredible weekend!

All I had with me was my i Phone so the pics aren't great but this was the view from our suite. I was too lazy to even stand up and take it, so this is from my lounge chair!!!

Have I mentioned lately how awesome the man I married is??? On Mother's Day I got many, many great gifts from my girls and one really incredible awesome gift from my hubby! He got us a night away at the beautiful Sanibel Harbor Resort and Spa. Now, we all know that I could have called and made the hotel reservations myself right? That isn't really all that big of a deal. I plan all of our vacations but he went a huge step beyond. T. made arrangements for people to look after the girls while we were gone!!! To me this was huge. I am always the one who is arranging sitters and play dates etc., but this time he was definitely driving the bus.

Anyway, we could really only do one night but we made the most out of it. We dropped the kids off at their sleep over spots at about 2 on Saturday and we were on our way. Get this...about 30 minutes later we were at our destination!!! By 3:00 we were checked in and loving our beautiful suite with an incredible view of the Sanibel Causeway! 3:30 we were poolside with cocktail in hand. We had 7:30 reservations for dinner at the Courtside Steakhouse where T. had a big honkin steak and I had Black Grouper with a provencal sauce with added crab and shrimp. YUmmmmm!

Late afternoon view from the balcony!

Room service was on tap for breakfast. We figured with the view and all why go stand in line somewhere else. Event the room service menu is huge. I decided on an omelet with cheddar, tomatoes and spinach and T. went with Parma ham, brie and forest mushrooms. Oh and the incredible view...we watched dolphin and osprey while we were having our breakfast. It was truly and incredible place and a badly needed weekend away. We hung out around the pool until late afternoon and then went and picked up the girls (who each had so much fun that I don't think they even missed us!!).

Breakfast with a view!!!

Pretty cool hubby huh???

On another note: I won a drawing that my blog friend Pam from Life on A Southern Farm, held over the weekend!!! I Won, I Won!!! She makes these very cute stuffed creatures and she raffled 2 of them off. I am the proud winner of the GA. Bullfrog. Thanks a million Pam!!! If you haven't taken a peek at her blog head on over. I visit often because of the sense of peace I get from watching a much calmer and more peaceful life than the one I am living now!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Peter M said...

Judy, let's trade....Sanibel for Scarborough? C'mon...I'll leave ya food too! lol

Thistlemoon said...

AWWWW! What a great hubby T is! Major points that one! Boy do I love the dolphins in Florida!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Peter-I lived in Scarborough for about 3 years. Right at Kennedy and 401. Was not so nice. Although the food is a tempting offer I still will take Sanibel.

Yes Jenn, he did get major points for that one. I think the real reason he did it though was that my head was going to explode if I didn't get some down time and he would have been stuck cleaning up the mess!!!

You said it Ben!

glamah16 said...

It just gets better and better your Mothers Day!

Heather said...

Woha, that looks gooooood. I love hashbrowns so much.

Gratz on your win, Judy!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

That certainly is breakfast with a view. Your so lucky to have such a loving family!!!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Glamah-it did seem to go on for a while but trust me I pay for it in drudgery the rest of the year!!!

Thanks Heather

Thanks Val-I am lucky aren't I?

Núria said...

AAAAaaaawwwwh Judy! How great! What a beautiful place to be alone with your hubby :D. THAT'S LIFE!!!
I bet you had a delicious time... I love it when my man and I find some free time for these "dates" Mmmmmm ♥

Anonymous said...

I want to share a great site I always shop at
Lots of great organic and natural stuff.

Anonymous said...

here is the site
www.wholeandnatural.com