Friday, May 16, 2008

It works...It really, really works!

Dinner!

Last night was the new William-Sonoma grill pan's inaugural run. We filled that puppy so full of fresh veggies that I thought there was no way that they would all last in there! This pan was really great. Crammed full of stuff and still able to stir without anything falling out. All of the begetables cooked evenly and trust me it was full.

The vegetables are not local (big sigh)...virtually nothing is growing here anymore at all. Even the tomatoes are small and blemished. So sad. I am having to eat organic's from California. Better than nothing I guess!

We had chopped up eggplant, zucchini, onion, summer squash, red pepper, banana pepper, garlic cloves and mushrooms. They were lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, some paprika, and garlic powder. This pan is a keeper!!!

Doesn't that look great over rice with some soy sauce on top???

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

That looks totally awesome Judy! Yum! My kind of summer fare.

So what's the deal? Too hot down there to grow produce now, or what? I still don't get these FL growing seasons!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Jenn-Yes it is too hot already here. You guys are about 5 degrees cooler then us during the day and 10 degrees at night. We don't go below 70 at all right now. Anything that isn't growing in shade will burn. Also with it being as dry as it is no one can keep the crops wet enough. My U Pick here closed this week and you could tell the tomatoes were just about done. Real small and blemished. You wold think there would be some way to do it. I have my containers but they don't produce enough for us.

I just signed up for my CSA for this year and my deliveries don't even start until Novemeber!!! I may as well be "Down Under"!

glamah16 said...

My type of eating too. Have to get charcoal and work the grill this weekend. You love your basket dont you!?:-)

Peter M said...

Hooray for grilled veggies and your new thingamajig!

I also used this for calamari...now I don't lose any of the tentacles.

toontz said...

Judy-
So glad your shiny new toy wasn’t a bust! I can just see the vitamins oozing out of that gorgeous meal! Might have to just make me a trip to Williams Sonoma soon! lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy, Guess what? You just won the Georgia BullFrog. I emailed you but if you don't get it, please email me gacountrygirl75@gmail.com
And the vegetables looked great, as usual.
Thanks, Pam

Anonymous said...

So funny! I was just looking at that pan yesterday trying to decide if I should buy it or not! Thanks for the thumbs up!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Yes Judy it does look good over the rice and with some soy sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brittany said...

I am absolutely getting one, that looks like a perfect meal!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Looks like a gorgeous meal Judy! It would be well appreciated in this house. Such gorgeous colours too!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Glamah-I do love it...I really, really do!

Peter-tell me how to cook calamari in it. Do you marinate it?

Thanks Toontz. Make that trip!

Hey Pam-thanks again. I will post that today!

Hi Joy-big thumbs up. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks Val!

Hi Brittany-I highly recommend it!

Thanks Holler-Who wouldn't like all of this???