Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Omelet with sauteed spinach, feta cheese and avocado!

And what a great day it has been. I told everyone here that the only thing I wanted this day was to not have to clean up the kitchen once! So far it has worked! But I also got a whole bunch of things besides that.

First off I was not woken up at 6:00 in the morning. T. got up with the girls and they took the dogs for a long walk and I heard nothing until about 8:00...this is unheard of in our house so I was really pleased. Then came the gifts.

My youngest one had a beautiful card and a silhouette drawn and cut out on a piece of paper and my oldest had a card with a poem that she had written for me, a dolphin figure that she made and a small picture frame. Those gifts are so incredible for me and become true treasures. T. pulled out all the stops and arranged for the girls to have sleep overs at their friends house and for him and I to have a weekend away!!! This is very badly needed and has not been done due to crazy circumstances...hurricanes, car accidents, sicknesses etc. So keep the old fingers crossed on this one!

T. also made me an incredible breakfast omelet. It was filled with all of my favorite things...sauteed spinach, feta cheese and avocado. Life doesn't get much better than this...oh wait, yes it does. He was able to get 2 mangrove snappers for us to grill for dinner. That will be tomorrow's post!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

9 comments:

Peter M said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Judy! That omelet looks perfect...very well made, a frenchman would be impressed.

Joanna Schmidt said...

Could you come over to my house and make me ANYTHING?


yum

Dharm said...

Happy Mothers Day Judy! I'm glad you got spoiled rotten!!! :)

grace said...

i was a little hesitant to love your omelet. i mean, sauteed spinach is okay and feta cheese is all right...but when you mentioned avocado, i was sold. happy belated mom's day! :)

glamah16 said...

What a lovely day you had!

Thistlemoon said...

YAY Judy! I am so glad you had a well deserved pampered weekend, my friend! :)

Thistlemoon said...

YAY Judy! I am so glad you had a well deserved pampered weekend, my friend! :)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Peter-he is a pretty great cook!

Thanks Joanna!

Thank you Dharm-it was really, really nice to not have to clean the kitchen once all day!!!

Thanks Grace-The avocado really made it!

Thanks Glamah-I really did have a great day!

Thanks Jenn-the real pampering will be next weekend-kid free and all!

Chou said...

Wow! What a great sleep-in gift. The omelet sounds heavenly (and now I know what to cook for dinner tongith!).