Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Raspberry Marinade for Lamb Chops

Last night we wanted something different but staying true to my food philosphy if it was to be meat it had to be from a sustainable, all natural, no antibiotic or growth hormone, small farmed meat. We choose lamb chops. Most lamb is farmed in Australia or New Zealand, and while this doesn't fit into the local profile I am still an omnivore and need meat. Lamb is an all natural meat. The New Zealand lamb that we ate last night follows all of the other restrictions that I have. The animals are raised in pasture. Eating only the grass that is grown. They practice sustainable farming and healthy slaughter. To read more check out the New Zealand Lamb website.

Anyway I had developed a recipe last week for a raspberry sauce to go with my Spring Themed Menu that was in my newsletter for this month and still had some left over in the fridge. Tony was making dinner so he decided to make it into a marinade and to use it to marinade the rack of lamb.

Click here for recipe for Lamb Marinade!

Turned out delicious and we served it with a fresh salad using the left over salad ingredients from last Wednesdays trip to Worden Farms Farmer's Market. As usual the ingredients were amazing. Leaf lettuce, white onion, red radishes, and grated Parmesan cheese!
It doesn't get much better!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

Peter M said...

Judy, the marinade sounds fabulous and you racks are done perfectly.

As for sourcing lamb, look for local lamb, as we do have Canadian (Ontario) product and I assume there's US lamb.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Oh Peter I wish it were true. The nearest place that I can get a half cow is in Ocala (4 hrs from here). The only farm animals we see are herds of cows and horses that are placed on raw land so the owners can get an agricultural tax break. We are so far south and it just may be too damn hot!!!!

I'm trying to figure out how I can smuggle huge quantities of meat back here in the summer!

Thistlemoon said...

Those chops look beautiful!
There is a great farm in Ocala called Rosas Farms - they do all organic, grass fed meats there. My mom lives in Ocala and we are going there this weekend!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Exactly who I had in mind Jenn!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

My ears are burning--hello from Ocala! ;-) Wish I had more info though...I'm not super in touch with the farm/local meat & produce scene here but would certainly be interested in any good finds...

That lamb looks delicious and I really like the flavors you put together for that marinade! I've been all about lamb as of late, so you've got my mouth watering...

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would imagine they have wonderful lamb on Saltspring Island off the coast..everything there is sustainable and organically grown:D...would go perfectly with your marinade:D

Heather said...

I agree with Peter - looks beauteous. We do have US lamb, but I don't know if you can get any in Florida. Also US meat processors are a major part of the problem - Aussie lamb might be a better choice even with the long distance.

Looks delish, Judy!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Ben - there is no problem with my email. I checked everything. Not to worry I'll get it in next time!

Thanks Mike-Some strange combinations but my smeller was working well and they all went together nicely!

Thanks Val-I have to check out Saltspring Island (on your coast right?)

Ah Heather you said it right. The problem is the US meat processors! Thanks for the comps on the lamb!

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy! The raspberry marinade sounds sooo good.
I know you must have some good recipes for asparagus? I have fresh asparagus now and looking for a good simple recipe. What you have?
Thanks for the comments too.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

hey ga.farmgirl - try making a pouch out of aluminum foil putting the asparagus in with olive oil and salt. Grill until done ( about 7 minutes). This is a nice plain simple way to enjoy the freshness of spring!!!