Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just Throw it All Together!

Green Beans, Spinach, Garlic and Shitake Mushrooms

I was in a rush to get dinner out one night last week. I was going to make green beans, spinach and shitake mushrooms. Now not altogether but sauteed nicely but seperately. I realized as I was chopping and cleaning (cleaning takes a while I am finding with organic veggies) that I had no meat to make this a meal???!!! We eat a limited amount of meat anyway but the girls did like a little something on their plates. Well that wasn't going to happen tonight so I rummaged around in my pantry to come up with something. We usually just throw pasta at them but they are starting to get a little burnt out. So while searching the pantry I found a box of wild rice. Score! Now I had dinner. I put the rice on (1 hr cooking time so plan ahead). Finished up the veggies and chopped up some garlic, and started to pull down the pans. No way was I going to dirty that many pans! Into one pot they all went! What a nice easy meal and only 2 pots to clean!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

2 comments:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

This is my first time to your blog, its really great. This dish looks wonderful.

kellypea said...

This is my kinda dish. I love the combination of flavors. Brown rice would make it perfect around here! The menfolk would slurp it up.