Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Farmer's Market Day!

Romanesco, fennel, radicchio, golden beets, purple kohlrabi, celery, red swiss chard, baby Asian spinach, shitake mushrooms

I am so going to miss the Worden Farm Farmer's Market when the season ends here but at least I have it nice and fresh right now!

Waiting for the Eggplant to be served!

It has been a couple of really busy crazy days here. Yesterday we had company come. T.'s Aunt and Uncle were visiting Florida for their vacation and were able to squeeze in a day to come and visit with us. This was so nice because as the girls have gotten older and our lives busier we have not spent our vacations visiting the families like we should. This gave us a wonderful chance to reconnect with some of our favorite people!!!

We served garlic bread, salad, and T. now famous Eggplant Parm! You can believe everyone left full and happy!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they were full and happy. It's a wonder they didn't want to stay longer with a good cook like you!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I agree with Farm Girl. Your guests would want to stay for weeks with dishes like this Eggplant Parmesan:D

Heather said...

You got more of that crazy romanesco! I need to grab some fennel. I wonder if our farmer's market is open yet...

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Val and Farmgirl - usually people do stay longer. Usually they want breakfast as well.

Heather - I am loving that romanesco. It is milder than cauliflower and adds a real nice color to things. You guys get spring pretty early huh?

Danni said...

What a fun evening! I love your wine glasses - we have a couple of similar ones and I adore how they feel in my hand. It's all about the "feeling" for me, goofy, eh? I don't often buy wineglasses because they're just never...quite...right.
What a beautiful bbq you have, too. I have bbq envy right now... :-)
Can I come swim in your pool?
I'm betting you didn't mean for people (me) to analyze your photo like I did, did you??! :-)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Umm yeah Danni I didn't think anyone would analyze it! LOL...of course I did. I am just glad that it is with envy. I do have it pretty sweet here. The girls went swimming yesterday after school.
Those wine glasses are great. The kids don't knock them over because they aren't top heavy and it reminds me of an Italian dinner where everyone is drinking out of regular glasses. I bought a huge box of the at Costco real cheap too!