Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups

I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a quick, healthy and easy breakfast to feed the girls.  Our mornings are sometimes a little (lol!) hectic and having some thing made ahead or that is fast makes it oh so much better.  Usually they get these really tasty breakfast sandwiches but when I saw these on Kristen’s blog (Dine and Dish) I knew I would have to try them.
DSC_0421-1
They were a real hit.  I ended up changing it and using bacon that I cooked up the night before because I didn’t have any ham.  The kiddo’s loved them.  Lauren will eat 2 of these at a sitting.  Easy to make a dozen and heat them up over the next couple of days…
DSC_0425
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups (Dine and Dish)
Ingredients:
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
  • 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Spray a muffin pan generously with Pam cooking spray
  3. Crack one egg into each hole of the muffin pan, using a fork to gently break the yolk.
  4. Sprinkle each egg with bacon, salt, cracked black pepper and cheese.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Pop out of muffin tins and serve.
signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just tried these, SO good!!!! I used turkey bacon and low fat cheese for mine and the regular stuff for my hubby and they both tasted great!! Next time I'm going to throw in some veggies.