Monday, March 12, 2012

Pork Roast in the Crockpot

I guess by now you realize that I am back to the food blog and with a vengeance. My goal is to post at least 2 times a week. More if I have something really good to add.

I have been really busy and that is my excuse. Most of the meals I was making are the thrown together family faves that I never really think about blogging but I started to realize that most of us are probably in the same boat right now. Money is tight because of rising fuel costs and I don't know about you but my grocery bill is out of this world (busy looking for ways to keep it down...), and we're all busy...trying to keep it all together. Sometimes more gracefully than others LOL!

Today's recipe falls in the fast and easy and relatively inexpensive if you buy right. I was able to find pork sirloin tip roast at Costco for $1.69 a pound and they come packaged in about 2 lb packs. Which is perfect for us. One meal and leftovers for Tony's lunch the next day. So add some mashed potatoes and a quick salad to it and you have a perfect weeknight meal that will make everyone happy!


Pork Roast in the Crockpot

Ingredients

  • 1 (2 pound) pork roast or tenderloin
  • 1 medium sized onion cut in half and sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon (or cube) of bouillon dissolved in the following cup of water
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Place pork roast in a slow cooker (I use the smallest one possible to hold all the liquid) with the onions.
  2. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
  3. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat.
  4. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
  5. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
  6. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus or thicken for a delicious gravy


No comments: