Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Breakfast Sandwich that’s better than that other place…

My girls are pretty self sufficient in the morning when it comes to making their own breakfast but usually it is just a bowl of cereal with some fruit, toast or some oatmeal.  This works out great for me because I work every morning and when it’s busy I just don’t always want to stop to make them something to eat! 

On special days or days when I know they have worked their little bodies pretty hard the night before (BMX or Ice Skating) I will get up early and make them their favorite breakfast…

P1020554

It’s really nice and simple and they truly love it…

P1020555

Breakfast Sandwich (makes 2)

     Ingredients:

4 slices of bacon, cut in half so they fit on the Sandwich Thin
2 eggs
2 slices of American cheese
2 Arnold’s Select Multigrain Sandwich Thins

 

Directions:

Place the bacon slices in your cast iron skillet (works best but you can use any skillet), cook until nice and crispy.

Toast your sandwich thins once the bacon has cooked.

Cook your eggs in the same skillet with the hot bacon grease.  Salt and pepper the egg and gently break the yolk.  Turn the egg to make it over easy and have the yolk mostly hard.  Top with the slice of cheese and allow to melt slightly.

Top one half of one of the toasted Sandwich Thins with 4 slices of the bacon (cut in half so they fit right?), then top with the cooked egg and melted cheese and the other Sandwich thin half.

Repeat for second one.

**They really like this with a cut up banana and some OJ.

***We have been known to have this for dinner as well…We love “Breakfast for Dinner Nights”!

signature

14 comments:

No Longer 25 said...

This is making me so hungry! I saw you link in a re-tweet by Sandy at Reluctant Entertainers, I'm a new Follower.

I like having something a bit more special for breakfast occasionally too. It's a meal which we often neglect and just have whatever is quickest and easy!

Jade @ No Longer 25

Cookin' Canuck said...

I adore breakfast sandwiches and you included my favorite ingredient - bacon! Lucky girls you have.

Terri said...

Oh Yum! I haven't had breakfast yet this morning! I have everything I need, so guess what I'm having for brunch!

Elle said...

Always a favorite! And oooh, you made it look so good with the leaky yolk!

Lys said...

Somehow I'm seriously regretting having a bagel for breakfast. Will have to rethink morning breakfasts now :)

Bob said...

Breakfast sandwiches are the bomb. The bomb. Love those sandwich thins, too. Good times.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

these are great and good for your family for understanding a home made meal is better than the other guys... It should be a rare treat, NOT a lifestyle!

Great title to this post

StephanieSells said...

My son is spoiled he gets these many days a week but he likes English Muffin 2 pieces of bacon 1 piece of grilled ham, egg (fully cooked yolk) and either Munster, cheddar or provolone cheese. Oh yeah he eats 2....awwwww the joys of a 14 yr old with snobby cheese choices. I draw the line at Fontina, which he thinks makes the best grilled cheese.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

This looks like what I make a couple times a week for breakfast and it is so DAMN yummy!!! Love it!

Thistlemoon said...

Looks fantastic Judy!!

Bren said...

girl don't u know egg sandwiches are the best! i made one yesterday morning! and i eat banana with a lot of random food, so adding this to an egg bfast sandwich makes perfect sense! :)

Two fit and fun gals said...

yummmmm i feel like this right now (its 10pm and ive alrady had dinner lols)

Melissa said...

I make a similar sandwich, usually on sliced toasted ciabatta or another crusty bread, with lettuce and tomato added. It's my favorite sandwich ever and this reminds me I haven't had one in a while. I'm going to have to get on that.

Patty said...

I should not have looked at your blog before breakfast, now my cereal just looks so sad, maybe I can have a breakfast sandwich tomorrow. Thanks for posting, it look delicious!