A couple of weeks ago we left the house Wednesday evening after Tony finished work and drove north towards Morristown, TN. Not much happening in Morristown, TN other than a BMX race but we still managed to have a great time. Other than the races the fun for us is the drive there…the drive home sucks. Trust me on that!
So what does all of this have to do with pancakes?
On our drive north the GPS took us through our old vacation destination of SC and NC mountains. Just as the sun was coming up we passed a sign that said Cherokee, NC.
crazy Bear Park where you buy food and feed the bears (horrible for the bears but fun for the kids). This is where we decided to go. Unfortunately the bears seemed to be sleeping so we looked for a spot to have breakfast. Luckily we found a place that was open (off season!). Thanks Peter’s Pancakes and Waffles!!! This where we had the toasted pecan pancakes. Absolutely delicious. I decided to try and recreate them.
They were a hit…Kyra had 5 before she waved the white flag!!!
Toasted Pecan Pancakes
2 cup all pupose flour
1 Tbs sugar
6 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup milk
4 Tbs vegetable or canola oil
1 cup toasted pecans, chopped (toasted in a skillet until fragrant and the oils have begun to be released)
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl (except pecans)
- Whisk all wet ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. You may have to add additional milk to make the mixture thinner.
- Lightly oil a pre-heated griddle or pan.
- Pour using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cook on first side until you see bubbles on the surface. Flip and cook until the other side is browned.