Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Over the weekend I ended up with a houseful of children and in amongst all of the chaos we also had a birthday party for one of my children to go to and all of the other normal craziness that happens on our weekends. Saturday afternoon though there was a lull in the action and I only had 4 children with me. I decided to get them to help me make some cookies. Yes, I am a brave woman!!!
This is the recipe that they chose and I have to say I was very pleased with it. I think the next time I make them I would leave out the chocolate as they really didn't need them!
Also this is a huge recipe. I have no idea how many cookies it made but I think I baked cookies for about 2 hrs!!!
Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from hersheys kitchens)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
- 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes(optional)
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I added this but I think it made them much looser and spread more)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until blended.
2. Stir in oats, toffee bits and coconut, if desired, with spoon. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack. About 4 dozen cookies