Monday, March 30, 2009

So you all know I live in Florida…

I love living in Florida and part of the reason is for the incredible diversity that you find throughout the state. One of my favorite places to go is to Kissimmee in the Orlando area. There is so much to do and I mean beyond the Theme Parks.

What about checking into your hotel and going on a beautiful hike through one of the nature parks scattered throughout the area? Did you know that Osceola County has the largest population of nesting bald eagles in the continental U.S. It’s also one of the country's few re-introduction sites for the endangered Whooping Crane. You can spot some of these awe-inspiring birds at Lake Lizzie Nature Preserve and the Osceola County Environmental Center, just to name a few. My youngest daughter has a huge fascination with birds in the wild so we have actually done this!

image

Another one of my absolute favorite things to do in Kissimmee though is to just hang out. Most of the hotels have resort like pool areas and the kids love just being there. Nothing like going away and just staying in!

image

So you see it is possible to go to the Orlando area and not go to the Theme Park but if you must SeaWorld is a blast!!!

Now you have a chance to live your perfect Kissimmee vacation! Enter the Kissimmee Freedom Sweepstakes to win your next Kissimmee getaway!

Post?slot_id=35117&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

4 comments:

Cat said...

I agree with you 100%. So many people think that when they're at Disney or the other theme parks they're in Orlando. Living in Florida - I guess we get the opportunity (since we're not on a five day vacation schedule) we get the opportunity to explore the surrounding areas. We do the Kissimmee thing a lot too as well as Turkey Lake Park just 10 minutes from Universal. You'd never know you were in the heart of Orlando! Oh and also....Wekiwa State Park near Altamonte Springs! What a great place.

(on the flip side - I do love my annual passes to the theme parks, too! hehe)

Peter M said...

I like Florida just for all the funny-named places (and warmer climate of course).

Ya still can't beat Lake Okeechobee!

Coach J said...

I went to Kissimmee a few years ago and got scolded several times for pronouncing it wrong. I'll have to practice before going there again, but it was lovely.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It has been many years since I have been to the Orlando area, but it is definitely worth revisiting.