Thursday, March 5, 2009

My new favorite way to cook whole chicken legs!

A couple of weeks ago I spatchcocked my first chicken. Since then I have definitely revisited the procedure. I also found that I love the method of cooking that I have been using and thought I needed to try it out on some chicken legs. I have been getting whole legs (thighs and drums attached) for $1.65 a lb at, get this, Whole Foods!!!

I ended up using the exact same method using my cast iron skillet as I did for the spatchcocked chicken. Clementine’s, fresh ginger, head of garlic all thrown into the cast iron skillet in the oven. To read more about the method I use read it here. If you have a cast iron skillet and want to try something different. Please give this a try.

We served it with some roasted herbed potatoes and a salad. I swear to you that I had dinner on the table within 45 minutes of getting home!

As Always…

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy

www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

MrOrph said...

Now imagine what you would pay for that meal in a restaurant.

Economical AND delicious! I'm in.

AssertiveWit said...

yummy in my tummy!

Elle said...

That chicken looks and sounds fantastic, Judy!

Peter M said...

Sounds and looks delish...you had me at clementines & ginger.

Bob said...

That looks fantastic. Those potatoes look great too, do you have a recipe posted for them? Orange and ginger is a great combo, especially with chicken. In fact I just posted a recipe with those flavors myself! ;)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Spatchcock chicken is amazing and the best part is it cooks in half the time:D

Anonymous said...

I am going to see if my granny will make this with me! It seems like a fun, easy to do meal.

Thistlemoon said...

ohhh yum yum Judy! That plate looks incredible! :)

toontz said...

Wish I was having that for dinner right now. But it is definitely leftover night for us!

Anonymous said...

Quick, easy, and delicious? Yes, please!

Melissa said...

*Looking above me*

Ugh.

Judy, I can't believe I hadn't commented on this post yet, considering I actually had a conversation with hub about it - love what you've done with these chicken legs! I'm always looking for new ways to make them so this post just leaped right out at me.

And I always buy my whole legs at WF if I can - they really aren't expensive and they're so much bigger and juicier.