I had some bananas that were quite a bit darker then they need to be for eating so I knew I wanted to make a cookie using them. Martha Stewart's Banana-Walnut-Chocolate-Chunk Cookies did the trick. This is the recipe that I used with my changes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Martha's Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 ripe/over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flours ,salt and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Mix butter and sugars with mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and banana continue mixing until well blended.
- Then add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon out in hefty scoops onto a parchment linked baking sheet.
- (Or just a greased cookie sheet is fine)
- (Batter will be gloppy or runny not firm or packable)
- Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.